• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dave Beat

Paul McLean (56)
I completely agree on the building around cooper but not so much the fact the reds are all about loose play. Yes that is absolutely their forte but they have shown they can grind out a victory against purely defensive sides and that involve(s)(d) a more conservative game plan. Stormers in 2011 is a good example of this but there have been more.

It's one thing I really like about McKenzie (He says with Ewen as his profile pic and looking through red stained glasses). But in all seriousness, he is quite good at developing game plans specifically for the team that he's playing or those players he has available. Unfortunately the SA tour this year dented that reputation but he definitely has a knack for flexibility.
So accurate in your assessment.
Ewens assesses his opposition, works throughout it and seeks imput om the team and then develops a game plan.
Game plan is something that Deans lacks

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
Could I have a link to the article? Would be interested to read.

According to Fox Sports Quade is around 71%, Beale is about 60%.

Am not disputing the tone of your comment, but Quade's figure seems unusually high there. His defence has improved but it isn't THAT good.

Last year Beale defended very competently up in the line at 10. He goes around the legs every time, unlike Quade who tends to go in too high.
Because Quade play in a team with very good loosies. So he have better protection

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
So accurate in your assessment.
Ewens assesses his opposition, works throughout it and seeks imput om the team and then develops a game plan.
Game plan is something that Deans lacks

Deans has a game plan. Play what is in front of you. He just doesn't have a good game plan.

We'd be really fucked if the Lions got out rackets and tennis balls.

Status
Not open for further replies.