• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallabies Watch

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scotty

David Codey (61)
Dunno if I'd be confident with Fat Cat packing down at THP. In fact I reckon our scrum'd be mullered. My team:

1. Robinson
2. Moore
3. Palmer
4. Douglas
5. Horwill
6. Higginbotham
7. Smith
8. Palu
9. Genia
10. Cooper
11. Ioane
12. Lealiifano
13. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)
14. JOC (James O'Connor)
15. Folau

Subs: TPN, Alexander, Slipper, MMM/Mowen/Simmons, Hooper, White, Beale, Barnes/Horne/McCabe/someone.

That is a bloody exciting team. So I expect it has no chance of actually happening.

lewisr

Bill McLean (32)
Taps has been dropped from the Reds, and rightly so. If he can't get picked for the Reds it would be ridiculous to pick him for the Wallabies. Just as ridiculous as picking someone like McCabe who can't make the Brumbies starting team.

I agree but I was going off what Deans' attitude appears to be. I am absolutely confident that McCabe will get the call up though and that is why claiming that Deans will eliminate Tapuai on recent form seems to create a double standard. I am not saying Ben should be the 12, he is definitely out of form, but considering how Deans chooses his teams, I wouldn't be writing him off yet.

Fingers crossed Kyle Godwin continues his recent form and we have him at inside in the EOYT. Real potential there.

tommymc15

Bob McCowan (2)
The only reason I said Benn robinson and James slipper is because they are the in form props at the moment and a lot of experienced behind them

Dumbledore

Dick Tooth (41)
The only reason I said Benn robinson and James slipper is because they are the in form props at the moment and a lot of experienced behind them
That's fine, but you've put them in the wrong positions. Benn Robinson would get slaughtered at tighthead.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
Of the 4 or so blokes that are potential inside centre options come June (Lilo, Taps, McCabe, Horne) each have ticks in the positive and negative columns from where I sit.
Lilo - Positives 1) looks to be in the best form of the lot 2) second playmaker. Negatives - untested at test level
Taps - Positives 1) Played well for the Wobs last year Positives 2) was arguably the form 12 for the first 4 or 5 rounds this year Negatives - current form is average
McCabe - Positives 1) the most experienced at Test level 2) The most physical option in both attack and defence. negatives 1) one dimensional in attack 2) not currently playing at 12.
Horne - Positives 1) in good form 2) Physical in attack and defence. Negatives 1) has not performed particularly well for the wobs when chosen 2) his test experience is at 13.

A few good games from Taps and he could find himself in front of the rest.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
To be frank, I reckon 'early season form' is worth fuck all. Big players peak when the whips start cracking. Big players keep getting better. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has kept getting better. Genia, Higgers, George Smith, even Folau are all the same.

Unfortunately Taps has gone backwards. Forget the early season, he is nowhere near the Wallabies now, and deservedly so.

T

Train Without a Station

It is a hard argument to run right now that if Cooper is selected at 10, Tapuai is the best choice at 12. He just got dropped to the bench and the Reds backline looked a lot better with FTA at 12.

Agree. Anthony Fainga'a has to be the form Aussie 12 now for sure!

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Is anyone worried about the kicking combinations in the back three if Folau is 15 and Digby 11?

I think if Izzy debuts it will be on the wing.........

The ARU are going to ensure Beale is good to go...........

It still isn't the best kicking back 3 though.........

Hopefully Mogg returns to form over the next few weeks because I'd have him at fullback if he plays like he did in the first 11 weeks of the comp.........

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom