• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Coaching Staff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
That's it mate, back him up.

You can put all the spin you like but 45% is 45%.

Please tell me where you get 45% from? This year he's won 8 and lost 6 (counting draws as half a loss and half a win as they should) In his entire career as coach he has won 25 and lost 19 (same deal with draws), so where's this coming from?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
I appreciate (but don't agree with) that Larkham is the heir apparent.

Great player blah blah but he has been heavily influenced by Cheika in the coaching department in recent years. That is a fault in itself. If you get rid of the rot then cut it all out.

Mario has gone thankfully. Chek didn't push him, he left on his own accord,

Chek's decision making in some selections, positional changes, public speaking has just been poor and not too many guys (and gals) are coming out in their man love for the bloke - whereas in the past he has been lauded by quite a few on here and excuses made left and right in their support of him.

We have a bunch of players that are capable of better and more consistent performances than we have seen under Chek and Co.

We need a national coach and a coaching team that can deliver that consistent high level performances each and every Test.

Your are legitimately the only person on the planet who things Ledesma was bad. The only one. Our scrum and front row (not including the red card brain snap) has been consistently good all year and more or less consistently good since '15. I'd say better than most front rows they've faced.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Your are legitimately the only person on the planet who things Ledesma was bad. The only one. Our scrum and front row (not including the red card brain snap) has been consistently good all year and more or less consistently good since '15. I'd say better than most front rows they've faced.

Said before that I don't put it down to Mario. Think Sio and Keps are playing much better and when you add in TPN has been starting it has fuckall to do with your Argie friend. Our bench props are not so hot. You must be a student of the dark arts - not

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Said before that I don't put it down to Mario. Think Sio and Keps are playing much better and when you add in TPN has been starting it has fuckall to do with your Argie friend. Our bench props are not so hot. You must be a student of the dark arts - not

You can see the glaring inconsistency in your assertion that Cheika is bad then right? Surely, if Ledesma can't take credit for good performances in his department Cheika can't be solely responsible for poor performances.

dru

Tim Horan (67)
14 tests last year.
7 Wins
2 Draws
5 Losses

45% goes back longer, our record was worse wasn't it, the year before?

Our wins are
1x rank #1
2x rank #7
2x rank #8
1x rank #10
1x rank #11

On the ranking as of today. It would change a bit, up and down, for rankings at the time of the games, but I suspect overall it would be similar.

There is only 1 win there of serious note. The games against Argentina and Wales somewhat less so. Fiji and Japan are gimmies.

The draws, especially in the Hiveldt, are mediating stats. But then again, some of the wins were less than convincing.

In terms of our own ranking, we are "blessed" to lose a lot to the Kiwis, which under the ranking system has SFA impact on our position. I'm frankly surprised that there are many Wallaby supporters speaking positively of that record.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
You can see the glaring inconsistency in your assertion that Cheika is bad then right? Surely, if Ledesma can't take credit for good performances in his department Cheika can't be solely responsible for poor performances.

It's the old argument that if the scrum performs bad it's because of Ledesma, but when the scrum performs well (which it has for the most part of his tenure) then it has nothing to do with Ledesma.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)

Where did I Say Cheika was right ? No prob Mario taking credit when not deserved. That's what a lot of coaches do. I don't recall him blaming himself when our scrum got dicked (or isn't that his fault according to your logic). Anyway he is goooooone. Argies will be the dominant scrum in the world if he is that good.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Below is a table showing Australian Super Rugby Win % against NZ opposition (In Season only) since expansion. Please note the last two seasons and think about the playing group Cheika is inheriting, unlike any of his predecessors.

Year W L D %
2006 6 13 1 31.6
2007 6 14 30.0
2008 9 11 45.0
2009 9 10 1 47.4
2010 10 10 50.0
2011 9 10 1 47.4
2012 7 13 35.0
2013 12 8 60.0
2014 9 11 45.0
2015 8 12 40.0
2016 3 21 1 12.5
2017 0 25 0.0

dru

Tim Horan (67)
If you guys had listened ti the podcast properly you'd know that the 45% was post world cup.

Sent from my D5833 using Tapatalk

I thought so Sully, but I don't try to memorise everything is the pod casts. It also shows to the improvement that we all know is there. If I have it right: 2016 33% win 2017 50% win For me though it's the nature of the losses that is the issue. We continue under Cheika with an almost unrivalled ability to implode in farcical losses. That is a trend line that I see as constant. Generally involves NZ, England and Scotland. But not exhaustively. @Bandar 1. Ireland won. Would you like us to add WB wins that were poor into the Cheika assessment? 2. The day I set a #9 ranked team (France) as a team to judge the WBs by is a very sad day.

T

TOCC

Below is a table showing Australian Super Rugby Win % against NZ opposition (In Season only) since expansion. Please note the last two seasons and think about the playing group Cheika is inheriting, unlike any of his predecessors.

2014 9 11 45.0
2015 8 12 40.0
2016 3 21 1 12.5
2017 0 25 0.0

so what you’re saying is that Cheika is the cause of the Australian Super Rugby success rate dropping form 45%-0% since he has taken charge.. ;)

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)

Well I guess technically Cheika was generating his own players pre RWC because he was still at the Tahs.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Where did I Say Cheika was right ? No prob Mario taking credit when not deserved. That's what a lot of coaches do. I don't recall him blaming himself when our scrum got dicked (or isn't that his fault according to your logic). Anyway he is goooooone. Argies will be the dominant scrum in the world if he is that good.

I feel you missed me point entirely.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
If you were a super rugby coach what would you make of Cheika's selections?
Philip is better than Carter.
Shit, Enever is better than Phillip.
Should we start him, sign the other Arnold drop Carter....
Bloody hell, Simmons is better than both of them and every other lock in the country.
Better sign Simmons and move Hanigan into the 2R and let McMahon go to Japan because ARU top up is not enough.
Why wouldn't this sort of performance rattle the super cages.

Reactions: dru

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
If you were a super rugby coach what would you make of Cheika's selections?
Philip is better than Carter.
Shit, Enever is better than Phillip.
Should we start him, sign the other Arnold drop Carter..
Bloody hell, Simmons is better than both of them and every other lock in the country.
Better sign Simmons and move Hanigan into the 2R and let McMahon go to Japan because ARU top up is not enough.
Why wouldn't this sort of performance rattle the super cages.

Nothing the ARU could offer McMahon would have come close to the Japan money.

Status
Not open for further replies.