• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Fixed. And he's no guarantee at wing.

BTW you really need to get over this problem you have with AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) not being able to pass the ball. He has shown that, when he has support runners, he is quite a capable passer.

The issue at Tahs and Wallabies level in the past is a lack of options to pass to. This belief that he can't/won't offload is so much fucking bullshit.
Like when all in sundry said that about McCabe

Sent from my HTC_0P6A1 using Tapatalk

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Good looking Wallaby team. We have some real depth in the outside backs. If the rumours are true that Izzy is being lured to France. We can't go into a auction with these privately owned clubs over there, with their seemingly unlimited budget, particularly on the back of their new tv deal.

Let Izzy go. And Alofa Alofa. And Rocket Davies. We have outside backs to spare. Luke Morahan is a test player. Dom Shipperely is a test player. Rob Horne is a test player. Henry Speight will be a test player. CFS is a test player Tom English has plenty of potential. So does Chris Kurindrani. So does Jaydn Hayward. So does Tom Kingston.

Let the outside backs go and don't go throwing bucket loads of money at them. We need to get more quality in the pack. Specifically in the tight five. More so up front. Especially at THP. We need Dan Palmer back. Anyone know what he's doing?
With all due respect to the players you have listed I wouldnt be mentioning them in the same breathe as Izzy. Id be moving heaven and earth to keep him in Australia if I was the ARU. He is more then just the best player in the wallabies, he is bums on seats and the most marketable player in a struggling code in this country

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
With all due respect to the players you have mentioned I wouldnt be mentioning them in the same breathe as Izzy. Id be moving heaven and earth to keep him in Australia if I was the ARU. He is more then just the best player in the wallabies, he is bums on seats and the most marketable player in a struggling code in this country

valid, but I still think we should focus our energies on getting Dan Palmer back to Australia

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Im not sold that CFS, Hayward and Kingston are "test" players, id go as far saying tht they will never be more then average super players.

Extra money to Izzy will mean more money for all in the future

Reactions: gel

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
Not like u to talk up a reds player TWAS, happy to stand by statement and happy for u to ear mark it for a "i told u so"

Reactions: gel

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
McCabe couldn't pass at speed in traffic whilst playing 12. He wasn't an inside centre, he was a winger playing inside centre.

Likewise I think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at times has the same problem at 13, to a lesser extent.

Kuridrani isn't a great 13 but he is a big runner, an solid defender and he has shown more ability to offload at speed than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) IMO.

I'd have AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) in the team on the wing. I think come world cup time his competition for this spot will come from O'Connor (if O'Connor signs in Australia, grows up, has a good season etc.).

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
McCabe couldn't pass at speed in traffic whilst playing 12. He wasn't an inside centre, he was a winger playing inside centre.

Likewise I think AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at times has the same problem at 13, to a lesser extent.

Kuridrani isn't a great 13 but he is a big runner, an solid defender and he has shown more ability to offload at speed than AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) IMO.

I don't think these comments are a fair reflection of 2014 form. McCabe has for the first time developed good ball playing ability (after being healthy for an offseason to work on it for the first time) and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has been in career best form in 2014.

T

TOCC

Kuridrani runs really nice lines, probably the best of any of the 13's in Australia, he mightn't have the talent that some of the other backs has but he has physicality and he knows how to use it.

Viking

Mark Ella (57)
Are you talking about just before the Michalak offside-but-not incident?

AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) could have handed the ball off two steps later to draw the fullback, but the French 14 was already right on top of the play and was part of the tackle that brought down Cummins just short.

But feel free to shape history as you see it.

There is no need for your passive aggressive comment at the end there. You could be right but at the time I saw it differently. As I'm sure many other did, even the commentators mentioned it at the time. I think it was Matt Burke and he is no slouch when it comes to rugby.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
I don't think these comments are a fair reflection of 2014 form. McCabe has for the first time developed good ball playing ability (after being healthy for an offseason to work on it for the first time) and AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) has been in career best form in 2014.

Fair enough. But McCabe is playing on the wing so his form this year is hardly comparable to when he was playing 12, since he is not being put in the same situations on field as he was at 12.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Good luck to Big Laurie Weeks! Been around the Wallabies since 2010 and given his first chance four years later. Hope he does well

Oh, and what's Dan Palmer doing? :rolleyes:

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Fair enough. But McCabe is playing on the wing so his form this year is hardly comparable to when he was playing 12, since he is not being put in the same situations on field as he was at 12.

He was at 12 for the first month of Super Rugby and was in fine form, and was often playing at first receiver in Brumbies' set moves that directly led to tries...........

T

Train Without a Station

Not like u to talk up a reds player TWAS, happy to stand by statement and happy for u to ear mark it for a "i told u so"

Actually I've been highly critical of CFS in all the reds threads all year pretty much and don't want to see him anywhere but the wing right now.

But the kid clearly has talent.

Pete King

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think this falls under the radar of Wallaby Watch 2014 but does any1 with some knowledge of the Aus 20's know if there are any potential TH props for RWC 2019? Maybe Dan Palmer has a little brother running around:eek:. Worthwhile in pumping some energy into them if there is, or do we need to go on a recon mission to argentina to find the next Pato Noriega

Status
Not open for further replies.