• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Wallaby Watch 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.
T

Tip

I was watching the Sunday Roast on Channel 9 on the Weekend. At the very end of the program in closing, Stirlo says: "And a big congratulations to Michael Cheika and the NSW Waratahs for winning the Super Rugby grand final last night against the Crusaders"
Obviously, my friend and I were shocked that a RL show would dare mention the "other" code (respect points +++ for Stirlo).

HOWEVER, what really caught my attention, was straight after Peter Stirlings congratulatory message, as the credits rolled, Joey Johns says, "Hellllllooooooooo Kurtley"

Obviously I should take what Joey Johns says with a grain of salt however, it's food for thought.

TL;DR: Joey Johns thinks Kurtley is coming to league next year.

BDA

Peter Johnson (47)
doubt it. Would be sorta dumb to go before the world cup, when you're guaranteed a spot in the squad and probably a shoo in for a spot in the 23...and for what? a chance to maybe be an injury back up in origin?

then again Kurtley doesn't strike me as the sharpest tool in the shed

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It sounds very much like Beale will be playing rugby in 2015. Obviously his contract is still being finalised and he has said that his manager deals with that (as all players do).

Greg Clark asked him about it today.

T

Train Without a Station

Probably caught up in the moment but he said he wasn't going anywhere on Saturday night as well.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
Kepu and Alexander have both struggled majorly playing test rugby at TH in the past. Maybe Sio at tighthead was a sign that Link doesnt have confidence in these 2 blokes to step and bring the goods in the World Cup next year.

Can't say I blame him. How many times over the last 5 years has this forum erupted after a dismal performance by the wallaby tight 5.

T

Train Without a Station

Kepu has been our best performing tighthead for years. His stint at loosehead was a disaster though. But when the coach selects a bloke who's played loosehead all year and been strong around the park at tighthead, and a prop who is a bit of a pot plant at times and been playing tighthead all year to play loosehead, nobody really wins.

Deputy Van Halen

Larry Dwyer (12)
He's improved out of site in the last year, however his game against wales on the EOYT was his finest, mostly for this tackle on hibbard. Rag doll.

http://gfycat.com/SilverSpitefulArgentineruddyduck

Wouldn't be surprised to see Benny A as the loose head reserve and Weeks as the tight head. Benny A has improved but was always a better loose head and unfortunately now has a bad rep for collapsing, rightly or wrongly.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
He played the best 3 games of his test career against France. Would love to see him keep performing to that level - but I doubt it will be as easy in the RC.

Don't think the Aussie front row will have too many problems with the ABs, so long as the replacement hooker steps up to the standard. Slipper, Kepu, Alexander, Weeks and until yesterday Sio, hadn't had a lot of trouble against NZ Super teams and I can't see the ABs being a whole lot stronger in the front row than the Crusaders were. Especially if Crockett and Toomunga-Allen are out as I think they are. The Crusader's Franks is top notch but the Canes Franks is pretty poor and he could be the replacement for Crockett.

It's the Saffas front row where I think we will have more problems.

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Don't think the Aussie front row will have too many problems with the ABs, so long as the replacement hooker steps up to the standard. Slipper, Kepu, Alexander, Weeks and until yesterday Sio, hadn't had a lot of trouble against NZ Super teams and I can't see the ABs being a whole lot stronger in the front row than the Crusaders were. Especially if Crockett and Toomunga-Allen are out as I think they are. The Crusader's Franks is top notch but the Canes Franks is pretty poor and he could be the replacement for Crockett.

Famous last words.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)

I thnk the main thing to keep in mind with that argument is its not just the front row - when Retallick and Whitelock get together they are a pushing machine. They make that tight five really lift and I'm just thankful Simmons has proved he can push against the French and Carter is a fucking superdonkey.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I thnk the main thing to keep in mind with that argument is its not just the front row - when Retallick and Whitelock get together they are a pushing machine. They make that tight five really lift and I'm just thankful Simmons has proved he can push against the French and Carter is a fucking superdonkey.
I have no idea what a super donkey is, but I'm glad we have one and the darkness don't.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Tip,
You're not saying that Santa Claus and the Tooth Fairy aren't real, are you?????

Please please don't fuck my day anymore. I'm standing on the edge of my office chair ready to jumo !!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.