• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratah Shield 2011

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sulidoror

anyone know if waratah cup finals still on today in this inclement eather ?

The Chosen

Fred Wood (13)
Did Knox play their over 18 players in this match?

I also saw Kings beat Kinross 59-0

I understand that had been original plan.

My son (who is at CSU) was at game and advises Knox led 19-0 at half-time. Apparently it was absolutely freezing and they left shortly afterwards, due to this.
Not sure if Knox came home yesterday or today as highway was blocked with snow at Mt.Lambie!

thecow

Ward Prentice (10)
I understand that had been original plan.

My son (who is at CSU) was at game and advises Knox led 19-0 at half-time. Apparently it was absolutely freezing and they left shortly afterwards, due to this.
Not sure if Knox came home yesterday or today as highway was blocked with snow at Mt.Lambie!

I heard they took a train last night from Bathurst back to Sydney.

S

sulidoror

...so quarter finals = newington v nsbc, augies v sports high 2, knox v mudgee high, kings v sports high 1, all by aug 5;
...likely semis = newington v sports high 2 & knox v sports high 1;
...anyone know dates/venues for qf's ? or which sports highs are in ?

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
All games are played at the public school ground. Therefore -
Newington @NSBC
Knox@Mudgee
Kings@Sports High School
Auggies@Sports High School
THis round is to be completed by 5th August.
Newington, Knox, Kings and Auggies for mine.

stonecutter

Chris McKivat (8)
All games are played at the public school ground. Therefore -
Newington @NSBC
Knox@Mudgee
Kings@Sports High School
Auggies@Sports High School
THis round is to be completed by 5th August.
Newington, Knox, Kings and Auggies for mine.

I think you'll find Augustines have to get past the next round with Oakhill yet.

S

sulidoror

...i saw last year's final....hills sports DEMOLISHED augies....i think the final with be sports high 1 v sports high other 1....were the sports high's around when papahatzis' edo's were destroying all and sundry ?

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
I was under the impression that Oakhill and Saints had already played. If not sorry for the incorrect info regarding 1 game. The sports highs didn't have strong rugby programs back in Papa's Eddies days.Also Sulidoror I think you will find that the Sports highs are pretty weak this year. They didn't get many into CHS teams, although if Prairiewood make it through they have Saia Tanginoa. One player doesn't make a team but they are coached by Jarrad Hodges the Austalian A schoolboys coach.

Lee Grant

John Eales (66)
Staff member
As folks find out the dates these matches are on (and times), could they please give the details in this thread please. May as well put the venues down too, just in case there has been a change for one reason or another.

Same for the Q/Finals etc.

Thanks.

torps77

Stan Wickham (3)
quarter finalists from sports high schools

i think Hills Sports finished as #1, they beat all the other sports highs. Endeavour, westfields and prairiewood were fighting it out for #2 spot

lily

Vay Wilson (31)
Hills are scheduled to play them on this date according to their school newsletter.

Status
Not open for further replies.