1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratah Shield/Cup 2015

Discussion in 'Schoolboy Rugby' started by Hugh Jarse, Apr 27, 2015.

1. Hugh Jarse Rocky Elsom (76)

Waratah Shield.jpg

Shrouded in more secrecy than the whereabouts of Richie McCaw's Cloak of Invisibility, things are apparently well underway for Waratah Shield 2015 version with a Gaggerlander posting that "Oakhill have a Waratah Shield game on Tuesday at 1pm against a school from Canberra".

Nothing on the NSW Schools RU or NSW RU website and my trusted advisor, Mr Google Search-Engine, is likewise revealing nothing.

While there was a bit of a departure from the traditional knockout format for the 2014 Waratah Shield competition, these posts from the 2014 Waratah Shield Thread probably remain relevant to kick off the 2015 wang.

Quick Hands likes this.
  2. sarcophilus Charlie Fox (21)

I noticed another poster backing St Edies as shield aspirants ...when and who are they playing?
    Has the St Pats v High match happened?
    Are Knox playing this year?.... All of it?
    Where are the other usual suspects
    Are they continuing with the pool format used last year?
    Beasts Gryllid are deafening
  3. sarcophilus Charlie Fox (21)

[IMG]
    don't tell anyone
    waratah shield match on today westfield Sports v Augies
    westfield have a lot of league rep players I would assume Parramatta
    Augies have inherited a reputation and this cohort have a lot to do to prove they deserve it
  4. Wood Rat Alfred Walker (16)

67-7 in favour of augies
  5. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

A 94-7 result and a 67-7 result. Things seem to be progressing as normal in the Waratah Shield.:rolleyes:
    I like to watch likes this.
  6. sarcophilus Charlie Fox (21)

The secrete is out
    "St.Pats played High during the week for a Waratahs Shield match and won by 30-40,"
    from the ISA Thread
    sTILL not sure of the format this year
  7. I like to watch Simon Poidevin (60)

They should just play for the Shield this Saturday,as well as the ISA premiership.
    Save everyone a bit of time..
    Quick Hands likes this.
  8. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

It's a round robin of some description. Don't know how many pools or how many in each pool.
  9. Runner Nev Cottrell (35)

Perhaps the lack of a draw or information suggests the value placed on the competition by the ARU. Is the shield not organized by a group of dedicated guys without much support?
  10. Boof Ward Prentice (10)

Hunter Valley Grammar School won the Hunter leg of the Waratah Cup yesterday and I think will now progress to play off with North Coast sides for a spot in Sydney.
  11. Deerhunter007 Frank Nicholson (4)

Farrer are hosting Stannies at Tamworth Wednesday 3/6/15 rd 2 of Waratah Shield. Big road trip for the boys from Bathurst. Stannies made it to the semi final last year and lost after the hooter against Oakhill in a game for the ages. With the majority of that team still intact from last season they will be keen for an impressive start to their campaigne this year.
  12. Deerhunter007 Frank Nicholson (4)

Stannies win 61-11 over Farrer in Tamworth
  13. sarcophilus Charlie Fox (21)

are any other ACT teams playing this year what about Eddies, Marist . a second match for Daramalan ?
  14. torps77 Stan Wickham (3)

I know that Marist forfeited to Westfields and Daramarlan forfeited to Hills Sports
  15. torps77 Stan Wickham (3)

WARATAH SHIELD DRAW POOLS
    Pool A
    St Augustine’s College
    Westfields Sports HS
    Marist College ACT

Pool B
    St Stanislaus
    Hunter Sports HS
    Farrer Ag HS

Pool C
    St Edmunds
    St Patricks Strathfield
    Sydney Boys HS

Pool D
    Oakhill College
    Hills Sports HS
    Daramarlan College

Top 2 each pool QF and so on
  16. Wood Rat Alfred Walker (16)

St Edmunds have been winning their matches in the ACT comp quite well, I wonder if they will be able to spoil the ISA party

Are the quarter finals A v B
    and C v D
  17. Quick Hands David Wilson (68)

I think Marist also forfeited to St Aug.
  18. pilot Allen Oxlade (6)

1/4 Finals before 23 JulyQF1. Winner Pool A vs Runner Up Pool BQF2. Winner Pool B vs Runner Up Pool A QF3. Winner Pool C vs Runner Up Pool DQF4. Winner Pool D vs Runner Up Pool C
    If things go to plan appears Stannies will get another crack at Augies in the SF.
  19. pilot Allen Oxlade (6)

St Edmunds v St Pats should be a good game. Oakhill play Hills on Tuesday @ Hills
    torps77 likes this.
  20. exISA Fred Wood (13)

Wow - the day I see Marist forfeiting 2 let alone 1 rugby matches (and the waratah shield to boot) , man whats happening in ACT rugby - Ihad read about the perils but didnt realise it was this bad.