• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Calling someone soft and selfish, presumably in front of others (hence Grumbles heard about it) mid season , when about to play for their season, seems a little odd to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

A bit of tough love is sometimes necessary, if you want everyone to play for each other you want toughness and unselfishness from every player

Thinking of the Rebels game I see one player particularly meeting the criticism, but he is already off next season

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
A bit of tough love is sometimes necessary, if you want everyone to play for each other you want toughness and unselfishness from every player

Thinking of the Rebels game I see one player particularly meeting the criticism, but he is already off next season
Agree but saying it publicly has a tendency to humiliate and create a division between those who have been dressed down publicly and those who have not: i.e. those who are in with the coach and those who are not.
Mind you a famous baseball manager (coach), i think, once said that the "art of the coach was to keep the 5 players who hate you away from the 5 who havent made up their minds yet" - so division may prove helpful to the coach.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Watching the Blues get demolished, the two kicks the last two weeks are really, really hurting. We'd be right in the hunt.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
Never mind the crowd favorite! I want him to become the next Dan Vickerman.

Vickerman scuttled away to pursue his own agenda at a time when the Wobbs really needed him. I hope Skelton does not do that, if he does make the big time.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Vickerman scuttled away to pursue his own agenda at a time when the Wobbs really needed him. I hope Skelton does not do that, if he does make the big time.
"Scuttled" is a bit rough: its not like the ARU were paying him for the time he was at Cambridge.
He was preparing for life post rugby which came about 2 seasons sooner than he thought it probably would and now he's got a real job @ KPMG.

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
From the Herald today, a picture of the school kid Skelton with Palu, and the pro rugby player Skelton with Palu.

The guy has been doing some work

313054-will-skelton.jpg

313742-will-skelton.jpg
he got taller too!!

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Calling someone soft and selfish, presumably in front of others (hence Grumbles heard about it) mid season , when about to play for their season, seems a little odd to me.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Let's not forget the ability of Growden to simply make shit up whenever he's out of ideas about rugby.

Which is pretty much his career.

Did you seen his "work" on the ESPN broadcasts of the 6N? You'd get more insight if you just propped up a sack of old wheat and put a tie on it. It'd look better, too. He was like a talent vortex, sucking in whatever Burke et al were trying to provide, and bringing the while thing a bit lower.

Cyril Towers (30)
Let's not forget the ability of Growden to simply make shit up whenever he's out of ideas about rugby.

Which is pretty much his career.

Did you seen his "work" on the ESPN broadcasts of the 6N? You'd get more insight if you just propped up a sack of old wheat and put a tie on it. It'd look better, too. He was like a talent vortex, sucking in whatever Burke et al were trying to provide, and bringing the while thing a bit lower.
Agree big time. Cheika is way too smart for that crap.

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Some really good stats for Dennis and Hooper from the Tahs members email. I was particularly impressed with Dennis' stats I know he had a good game but didn't realise the work he could through

Stats for Dave Dennis (in 66 minutes on field) – compared to Kieran Read (in brackets)
14 carries for 80 metres (4 for 11 metres)
2 offloads (0)
2 broken tackles (0)
1 try assist (0)

Michael Hooper (comparison to Matt Todd)
10 carries for 102 metres (5 for 21)
1 offload (1)
6 broken tackles (1)
3 line breaks (0)
1 try assist (0)

Bairdy

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Dennis is definitely an improved player from last year. He seems to have a hardness about him now that has come from the captaincy duties, and Cheika especially.

I especially notice the times he gives the odd spray in matches, for example, the one particular lineout in the Kings match where there was an overthrow and/or a late jump by Timani, you could hear Dennis on the ref's mic giving it to them.

In my mind though, I'd prefer him as a 6/8, rather than a 4/6, as the Saders match and others have showed.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
I thought he was epic against the Crusaders. He injured his leg in 1st half and kept on going. He outplayed Read easily.

People have been slamming his selection for the Wallabies but that's because of his early form which was crap, his recent form has been very good as the captaincy bears less on him.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
I thought he was epic against the Crusaders. He injured his leg in 1st half and kept on going. He outplayed Read easily.

People have been slamming his selection for the Wallabies but that's because of his early form which was crap, his recent form has been very good as the captaincy bears less on him.
Those stats support you.
Anyone who bests Read in a single stat, to say nothing of all 4, is going well.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
Anyone know much about Terrance Hepetema? On the bench for the Tahs today, but I haven't heard much about him apart from what's on the Randwick site.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
21, from NZ. Played colts last year and went straight into 1st grade under Wade Kelly's new directive.

Status
Not open for further replies.