• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
It would be crazy for the Tahs to take Beale back. Nobody doubts his talent but the Tahs finally are striving for cultural reform and it would be a backward step for them to take in a player with a bag load of off field issues.

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
wasn't he required to find a super club as well or am i forgetting the order of events?

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Yeah he signed for Brumbies in 2010 but didn't play in 2009. So as long as Beale is contracted for 2014 he can probably play for the Wallabies.

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Many of us remember when KB (Kurtley Beale) was originally at the Tahs - he was overweight and carried a lot of such "baggage" - but at the end of 09 and beginning of 2010, he managed to turn himself around and shed the fat and surround himself with a good network of family and friends. It seems ominous that as soon as he left this support structure, something like this would happen. Come home KB (Kurtley Beale), we have the people to sort you out (and I mean the good way).

Kurtley playing in Sky Blue is probably the best move for Kurtley Beale. Is it the best move for Australian Rugby? The jury's out.

You are talking about the same family members that pressed assault charges against Beale, right? People believed that Beale getting away from his family and network in Sydney would be a positive step at the time.

I don't know what the best move for Beale is, but I fail to see why people are so sure that returning to the Tahs is it. Returning to Sydney looks no better or worse than staying at the Rebels to me currently. Hopefulness and blue-tinted glasses may be affecting a few comments there.

In saying that, Beale returning to Sydney is the most likely move, however the Tahs will have a lot of competition from what I hear. Word is that a few league clubs have a massive interest in Beale, starting with St George, who are desperate for a play maker or fullback (if they miss Dugan, expect a lot of money thrown at Beale). A few commentators on the Rush Hour on MMM have been going on about how Beale is a natural league player and clubs have a high interest in him, and those guys have lots of connections.

I don't think that Beale going to league, particularly the clubs shopping for him, would be a better step for his issues than returning to the Tahs. I really hope that Beale stays in union, but don't discount a shift to league.

T

TOCC

Because professional rugby isn't just a 'job', it's a lifestyle and influences players personal lives as well. Beale was signed to a contract before he was even 18 and has been involved with representing Australia at rugby union under the guidance of the ARU since his mid-teens..

As an employer the ARU holds the players responsible to a code of conduct which heavily influences their personal lives, if you are going to hold a person responsible for their social actions then it's only appropriate that the correct guidance and education structures are in place to ensure the player can meet these standards.

The warning signs an indiscretions for Beale have been there for years, did the ARU take the appropriate steps to rectify this issue? Evidently not....

TSR

Mark Ella (57)
Because professional rugby isn't just a 'job', it's a lifestyle and influences players personal lives as well. Beale was signed to a contract before he was even 18 and has been involved with representing Australia at rugby union under the guidance of the ARU since his mid-teens..

As an employer the ARU holds the players responsible to a code of conduct which heavily influences their personal lives, if you are going to hold a person responsible for their social actions then it's only appropriate that the correct guidance and education structures are in place to ensure the player can meet these standards.

The warning signs an indiscretions for Beale have been there for years, did the ARU take the appropriate steps to rectify this issue? Evidently not..

Wayne Bennett made a very similar point a couple of years ago. He pointed out that a lot of the young players went direct from school into the care of their football club. Therefore, it was his belief that if they had character flaws after a few years than the club was at least partially responsible.

The context of his conversation (from memory) was that he was against the 1 strike and your out policy although he also went on to say that you could only give a player so many chances to take personal responsibility.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
The context of his conversation (from memory) was that he was against the 1 strike and your out policy although he also went on to say that you could only give a player so many chances to take personal responsibility.

Pity he didn't help out by saying how many strikes was too many

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
You are talking about the same family members that pressed assault charges against Beale, right? People believed that Beale getting away from his family and network in Sydney would be a positive step at the time.

I don't know what the best move for Beale is, but I fail to see why people are so sure that returning to the Tahs is it. Returning to Sydney looks no better or worse than staying at the Rebels to me currently. Hopefulness and blue-tinted glasses may be affecting a few comments there.

In saying that, Beale returning to Sydney is the most likely move, however the Tahs will have a lot of competition from what I hear. Word is that a few league clubs have a massive interest in Beale, starting with St George, who are desperate for a play maker or fullback (if they miss Dugan, expect a lot of money thrown at Beale). A few commentators on the Rush Hour on MMM have been going on about how Beale is a natural league player and clubs have a high interest in him, and those guys have lots of connections.

I don't think that Beale going to league, particularly the clubs shopping for him, would be a better step for his issues than returning to the Tahs. I really hope that Beale stays in union, but don't discount a shift to league.

The same guys on Triple M said that Cooper going to League was a done deal last August. They had been informed and it was absolutely going to happen. Didn't. Take what they say with a grain of salt, not saying it's not a possibility but we'd be better off waiting to hear from Beale himself.

Ghibli

Ted Thorn (20)

The warning signs an indiscretions for Beale have been there for years, did the ARU take the appropriate steps to rectify this issue? Evidently not..

could understand this point for players aged 16 to maybe 20, Beale is 24. Some blokes go to war at that age, or already have three kids.

If the aru and simpathetic fans continue to provide escape routes for his shortcomings, when is he going to understand that the buck stops with him.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
The point of proper support and counseling is to NOT provide escape routes, but ensure accountability and structure to PREVENT shit happening.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
Is Tamani presumed gone for 2014? If this is the case I would love to see more of Peterson this year.

Anybody able to provide a run down on his prospects?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The point of proper support and counseling is to NOT provide escape routes, but ensure accountability and structure to PREVENT shit happening.
Accountability is the word.
Don't tell me he hasn't had hours and hours of counselling over assaulting the bouncer.
He thinks he is above the team.
And he is right, the ARU will wait for the dust to settle and KB (Kurtley Beale) will be back playing "to aid in his recovery" and will no doubt be available for selection against the Lions.
They have to draw the line. We are going to have more f...ing crims in the Wallaby run on side than the first fleet the way things are going.

Status
Not open for further replies.