• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2014

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scythe

Larry Dwyer (12)
I hope this is the case. If successful, Beale would become the perfect utility back/impact player able to cover 10,12 and 15 at a very high level. Plus I rate Foley as a 10.

Rate foley as the next regular 10 for the wallabies

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I'm predicting a comfortable victory.

Backs too fast and confident. Piggies too big. No Bam Bam. Too early for a Canberra blizzard to freeze the coastal dwellers into submission.

I hope it's a victory, I mean more the issues off field that might find their way on field. Though is say Chieks has called for "poker face" again. It shall be interesting to say the least.

matty_k

Peter Johnson (47)
I want Cheika to call for Joker face.
tehyba7e.jpg

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Brumbies are no mugs, and the week off has given me pause for concern, in addition to our lineout being shit and Mowen being a good L/O defender.

This is going to be a very even game - while our pigs are big, the Ponies have got real grafters (Fardy, Carter) and a couple of double-hard bastards up front. The back row is marginally leaning towards the Tahs and while you may think we have more star power, watch Kurtley's defence the last couple of weeks and picture Patty McCabe running straight at him *shudders* with Speight out wide too.

I hope we learn a lot whether we're on the right side of the ledger or not.

Athilnaur

Arch Winning (36)
Midfield battle will certainly be interesting. If Foley and Beale have time and space Brumbies are in a world of hurt Patty 'Chuck' McCabe or no, but no doubt much of the Brumbies work will be around not letting the opportunities get that far.

Our backline stocks are certainly looking good, but the real tale for us Wallabies wise will be which forwards shine imo.

WTF?

Tom Lawton (22)
Interesting to see memberships up to 16,564 already. Maybe their hope of 20,000 is not such a lofty goal....

If they beat the Brums and Rebels I think they will do it quite easily. I can't quite remember how many they got last year (14K???), but I would think they have exceeded 2013 already.

I have been a 8 game member for 3 years now, definitely will be enjoying Saturday's game, albeit from the couch.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
They just need to get the unpaid interns from the ARU Player Participation Counting Department on the job of counting Tah membership numbers, and before you know it, the Tahs will have 200,000 "members".

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
When you take out the non ticketed, freebie kids memberships and adjust the 2, 4 and 6 game memberships to be equivalent to full 8 game memberships and the number doesn't look as impressive.

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
They just need to get the unpaid interns from the ARU Player Participation Counting Department on the job of counting Tah membership numbers, and before you know it, the Tahs will have 200,000 "members".

Don't want too many members. Those interns might want a wage.

T

Tip

The Waratahs need to fix their lineout if they are serious about being title contenders. S.A. teams will be quick to exploit this weakness.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what the problem is...
Jumpers: Dennis, Potgeiter, Palu, Douglas, Skelton...
Hookers: Tafs, Latu

Jumpers can't jump, hookers can't throw.

I'd be looking at dropping Douglas for Petersen, he's been doing his apprenticeship for 3 or 4 years now and has always looked the goods

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
Please,the next likely what?
He plays footy like he's auditioning to be someone's teddy bear.
If he is the cost to win lineout ball,we're better off without the fucking ball.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
The Waratahs need to fix their lineout if they are serious about being title contenders. S.A. teams will be quick to exploit this weakness.

It doesn't take a rocket scientist to work out what the problem is.
Jumpers: Dennis, Potgeiter, Palu, Douglas, Skelton.
Hookers: Tafs, Latu

Jumpers can't jump, hookers can't throw.

I'd be looking at dropping Douglas for Petersen, he's been doing his apprenticeship for 3 or 4 years now and has always looked the goods
You must not have watched Petersen very closely. There's a reason he's still on his apprenticeship.
Although, I grant you he looks the goods.
He just isn't the goods.

Bruce Ross

Ken Catchpole (46)
Superb effort by the Waratahs' Media Unit. The lead-in to their report on last night's game:

"NSW Waratahs’ coach Michael Cheika admitted his side is not perfect but emphasised they won’t be giving up after suffering their first loss of the season."

Three games in, two wins by 22 and 27 points, then a loss by 5. And the main message they want to get out is that "they won't be giving up". Who wrote this? If it's an unpaid intern kid best to shift them onto filing or tidying up desks without making a fuss. But if it was written by someone claiming to be a journo, the first thing to do is to back check their credentials and then garbage bag them out of the joint; unless of course they would like to have a go at being CEO. That's a position that has needed filling at Driver Avenue for quite some time.

Status
Not open for further replies.