• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Both Waratahs byes in the first 7 rounds is a bit of a disaster.

The first round scheduling is also far from ideal from my perspective as it is my wife's birthday. Whilst she enjoys coming to Tahs games, I'm not sure she'll be keen on a Saturday night on her birthday which doesn't bode well for me attending the game!

#1 Tah

Chilla Wilson (44)
Also our travel seems pretty unfriendly. Round 8 in Sydney, 9 in Perth, 10 in Capetown, 11 back in Sydney.

Plus that July 2nd game in Tokyo has home games on either side.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
My brother is a tragic eels fans

His take on Robinson? Fast, elusive, kicks goals, a pro footballer, not a dick head and durable

It will be interesting to see why Robinson jumped (eels are in trouble with their cap and in court over a questionable contract with hopoate - and can't sign anyone) and the logic of why the Tahs picked him up

Yeh my league mates equally rate him and seen him play
M

Knuckles

Ted Thorn (20)
Payto and Panda mentioned this 2 weeks ago but squashed it saying it wasn't going to happen.

But this kind of makes sense now. With Henry Clunies-Ross serious ankle injury and Taqele off to Glasgow (with confirmation) we probably had to re-consider.

Was chatting with some of my News Limited snouts, word is Naiyaravoro has had his UK work refused. Might not be going to Glasgow after all!

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Was chatting with some of my News Limited snouts, word is Naiyaravoro has had his UK work refused. Might not be going to Glasgow after all!
The Tahs seem to have updated their team on their website. New players are in, all old players are gone except for Naiyaravoro.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
So who is going to take AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s place at 13 next year?

Folau?
Carraro?

And then of course raises question who is 15?
Folau is of course the certainty but if Folau moves to 13 then Reece Robinson could be targeted there as played wing and fullback in league, and of course Beale could head back there

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Something about a work visa. Not every imported sportsman gets one automatically.

Yeah plenty of soccer players don't initially get visas as well. There is some criteria about % of internationals played in the last year as well

To qualify under the Sports People category, professional athletes and coaches must:
  • Have an internationally established high-level career in professional sport;
  • Be able to make a significant contribution at a high level to their sport in the UK;
  • Intend to be based in the UK.

Strewthcobber

Mark Ella (57)
Something about a work visa. Not every imported sportsman gets one automatically.
I'm sure Glasgow think they had a way around it and given the USA game it's getting fairly academic but this is part of the pro-rugby visa processes in the UK
>They must have started at least one full international match (15-a-side), during the 15 months immediately prior to the date of the application.

Sent from my Nexus 5 using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
So who is going to take AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)'s place at 13 next year?

Folau?
Carraro?

And then of course raises question who is 15?
Folau is of course the certainty but if Folau moves to 13 then Reece Robinson could be targeted there as played wing and fullback in league, and of course Beale could head back there

I hope they give Jim Stewart plenty of time at 13, he looks the business

15 Folau
14 Guildford
13 Stewart
12 Beale
11 Horne
10 Foley
9 Phipps

I am more concerned with Foley honestly, 12 month rugby screws players.

And if he goes down, do they go for Beale or Horwitz?

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I hope they give Jim Stewart plenty of time at 13, he looks the business

15 Folau
14 Guildford
13 Stewart
12 Beale
11 Horne
10 Foley
9 Phipps

I am more concerned with Foley honestly, 12 month rugby screws players.

And if he goes down, do they go for Beale or Horwitz?

Horwitz been playing ok in nrc ---- I am not sure about Stewart though as he has not convinced me in Stars games he is super rugby level player....much prefer Carraro over Stewart.....

I reckon Reece Robinson will come in for contention sooner rather than later as has right pedigree in my books to make it. League players often get overlooked for some of league traits they bring over which enhances their game in union.... I personally am one who does believe in targeting a few league players with right pedigree as well as development at grass roots

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
That's if they can sleep on planes.

Not looked up stats, but anecdotally about 15 of the 50ish people I've talked about long haul flights with can't sleep more than 2 or so hours on a 12 hour flight, even if it's the 2nd one like on a Melbourne - Hong Kong - London jump.

Status
Not open for further replies.