• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.
S

sidelineview

Ray Price didn't know where he was after every game he played.

No wonder they wont let him on the Parramatta RL Board.

N

NTT

Despite the result and losing 3 key players late to injury, i thought the Tahs showed some good improvement in their attacking play from the Force game. Kellaway looked dangerous, Hegarty stood up and Folau is getting more involved. The defensive strategy at the maul was wrong and wasn't corrected soon enough and the defensive line wasn't as organised as it should have been with the Lions recognising when the Tahs were using forwards on the end of the line. There is a lot of expectations on Simone and Folau in the centres and they haven't fired yet but given time will be very dangerous. The effects of altitude showed through with the players looking affected with the off the ball workrate just not good enough. Players chasing back on defense lacked urgency and desire.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I think that Ray Price is now very community spirited.

Last heard he was driving buses for Surfside on the Goldie so obviously no long term effects of a stellar career

Reactions: TKO
S

sidelineview

I think that Ray Price is now very community spirited.

Last heard he was driving buses for Surfside on the Goldie so obviously no long term effects of a stellar career

Yeah he sounds like a good bloke and was a great player but he's typical of the old players who would have spent plenty of time on the sidelines if playing under the current concussion laws.

p.Tah

John Thornett (49)
In my day I was trapped at the bottom of the wrong side of the ruck. The lock took exception and started a tap dance on my head. When the ruck cleared they realised he rucked my head completely from my body.

The strapped game out, picked up my head, then used some old tape he found in the mud to stem the blood flowing from the neck. I told him it was just a flesh wound and I was ok to go back on. They dragged my body off and then put my head on the wing.

Fortunately the weather was quite bad so we were just playing in close and the ball didn't make it out wide. So I just yelled instructions at the forwards from my position.

With 1 minute to go we were behind by 1 when a fight broke out and the ball was lost. Our crafty half back picked up my head and ran with it scoring under the posts. Cheers and beers all round.
After the piss up I took my body home and had my head stitched back on in the morning and I was ready for training on Tuesday.

Those were the days. Players with the pathetically ACL and syndemosis injuries these days. Whimps.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I actually broke my jaw playing. Didn't realise it and continued playing. Didn't have it set either as to pretty much everyone I've told this to surprise. I didn't realise it was. It wasn't until a year had passed and a doctor noticed that my teeth had droppee on the right of my mouth and decided to investigate. I actually thought I had only copped a knock to the jaw that split my lips. The club trainer even checked my out during the game.

During my time I also managed to 'run off' a knee injury, returned to play two weeks after fracturing my collarbone when I was supposed to have 6 weeks off. Broken nose(s) and fingers.

The only issues I have now oddly enough is my jaw clicks sometimes.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
In my day I was trapped at the bottom of the wrong side of the ruck. The lock took exception and started a tap dance on my head. When the ruck cleared they realised he rucked my head completely from my body.

The strapped game out, picked up my head, then used some old tape he found in the mud to stem the blood flowing from the neck. I told him it was just a flesh wound and I was ok to go back on. They dragged my body off and then put my head on the wing.

Fortunately the weather was quite bad so we were just playing in close and the ball didn't make it out wide. So I just yelled instructions at the forwards from my position.

With 1 minute to go we were behind by 1 when a fight broke out and the ball was lost. Our crafty half back picked up my head and ran with it scoring under the posts. Cheers and beers all round.
After the piss up I took my body home and had my head stitched back on in the morning and I was ready for training on Tuesday.

Those were the days. Players with the pathetically ACL and syndemosis injuries these days. Whimps.

have you seen Futurama - I think they could work this into an episode

Status
Not open for further replies.