• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Dean Mumm did it.

Beale's also only played half a season, but workload shouldn't be an issue.

The stretch bit was that the last game before the June tests is a week after the final (which at this stage the Wasps are a chance of making).

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
IT will be interesting to see how that plays out after this season with Simone playing 12, and shaping up alright. Mind you, it's early in the season, so anything could happen.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
IT will be interesting to see how that plays out after this season with Simone playing 12, and shaping up alright. Mind you, it's early in the season, so anything could happen.

Simone to 13 and izzy out to wing or fullback where he belongs.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
Izzy was excellent on the wing when he debuted there against the Lions. Since then, he's been selected there never to my recollection.

Clyde

Stan Wickham (3)
All hypothetical but interesting fun.

Article on possible Waratahs side next year if Rebels or Force get cut:

Waratahs (Rebels exit)

15. Israel Folau 14. Jack Maddocks 13. Reece Hodge 12. Kurtley Beale 11. Sefa Naivalu 10. Bernard Foley 9. Nick Phipps 8. Jed Holloway 7. Michael Hooper 6. Lopeti Timani 5. Steve Cummins. 4. Will Skelton 3. Sekope Kepu 2. Tolu Latu 1. Tom Robertson

Waratahs (Force exit)

15. Kurtley Beale, 14. Dane Haylett-Petty 13. Israel Folau 12. Bill Meakes 11. Chance Peni 10. Bernard Foley 9. Nick Phipps 8. Jed Holloway 7. Michael Hooper 6. Jack Dempsey 5. Adam Coleman. 4. Will Skelton 3. Sekope Kepu 2. Tolu Latu 1. Tom Robertson

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/u...a-cut-a-super-rugby-side-20170309-guu4u5.html

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
Think there'd be a bit more shrewd distribution by the ARU of contracted players than that.

For example, I think English is the logical player for you guys to pick up: He does everything that Horne does, so would provide depth and little change in structure. I'd also think that Jeffries (being both contracted for 2018 and a better player) would be there instead of Cummins.

Plus one of Sefa and Koroibete would go to the Force to replace Morahan, and the other would go to Queensland to supplant Kuridrani.

As has been said though: a little bit of "fun", albeit with a unnecessary dig in the opening paragraphs, particularly as done nothing Horwitz has been contracted for a couple more seasons than Hodge, who wasn't offered a Tahs contract at all AFAIK, only the Brumbies offered him an EPS spot.

Clyde

Stan Wickham (3)
Think there'd be a bit more shrewd distribution by the ARU of contracted players than that.

For example, I think English is the logical player for you guys to pick up: He does everything that Horne does, so would provide depth and little change in structure. I'd also think that Jeffries (being both contracted for 2018 and a better player) would be there instead of Cummins.

Plus one of Sefa and Koroibete would go to the Force to replace Morahan, and the other would go to Queensland to supplant Kuridrani.

As has been said though: a little bit of "fun", albeit with a unnecessary dig in the opening paragraphs, particularly as done nothing Horwitz has been contracted for a couple more seasons than Hodge, who wasn't offered a Tahs contract at all AFAIK, only the Brumbies offered him an EPS spot.

How can the ARU have control over it?

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
How can the ARU have control over it?
My guess?

Players with current contracts would be offered matched wages and contract lengths by the ARU, regardless of the "salary cap" of the individual sides, IF they went to the side of the ARUs choosing. Otherwise I think they'd probably be released from contract and left with competing with whatever wages the Super Sides could afford.

Of course, McMahon, Hanson, Toby Smith, Stirzaker, Debreczeni etc. would have free reign over where they would sign on the basis of not having a contract beyond October.

Status
Not open for further replies.