• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2017

Status
Not open for further replies.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
I actually reckon Horwitz has had a good seaason! Strong defence, strong running and good distribution in the midfield.

I don't think I'm alone in thinking he's improved this season. We don't need Cronk.
Big fan of getting league converts if money, profile and roi stacks up as are in the market for talent and if nrl can make early investment in developing a player all for it. But roi on 33 year old league player not there so no signing cronk would be poor investment.

Sent from my EVA-L09 using Tapatalk

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
elitism at its worst

It's all the more strange as he is from NZ, and I would have thought had a more egalitarian take on the game. His previous public utterances have been far more sensible, so I struggle to understand how he came to say such a thing. Now, if it was Roger Davis, I'd be less surprised. But yes, very poor.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
elitism at its worst
Based on what i hear from my older colleagues, my old man etc. this was kind of Rugby's gig back in the amateur days. You'd play some sport but the real draw was the business contacts you made with other posh private school lads. Connections etc.

So his comment is pretty on the money if you live in the 1980's.

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
So the Waraths desperately need locks for next (Skelton leaving and Mumm still around). What are the potential solutions:
- Bring Kane Douglas back?
- Caydern Neville can't get a start for the Reds
- Tom Staniforth from the Brumbies, struggling to get gametime and would be a cheap option
- Promote internally?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
So the Waraths desperately need locks for next (Skelton leaving and Mumm still around). What are the potential solutions:
- Bring Kane Douglas back?
- Caydern Neville can't get a start for the Reds
- Tom Staniforth from the Brumbies, struggling to get gametime and would be a cheap option
- Promote internally?

Mumm is reportedly retiring at the end of the season.

Locks are definitely going to be a recruitment priority.

Neville definitely has to be on the cards as he is surely the odd man out at the Reds. Perhaps even Rob Simmons. I think everyone else is signed up longer term.

Targetting one of the Brumbies surplus locks is also definitely a possibility.

If the Western Force did fold I imagine the Tahs would be pushing hard to bring Adam Coleman back to Sydney.

A mutterer

Chilla Wilson (44)
Perhaps even Rob Simmons.

giphy.gif

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I don't think Leon Power is a starter.

With Wells, Holloway, and Dempsey covering 6/8 and looking pretty promising, Hanigan can go back to lock.

amirite

Chilla Wilson (44)
I'd personally really like to see Rodda and Tui not be at the same place, so they can each get more minutes. Both very promising.

I know it won't happen because contracts, but if the Tahs could get a big rig like Tui (from NSW) he'd pair with Hanigan nicely.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd personally really like to see Rodda and Tui not be at the same place, so they can each get more minutes. Both very promising.

I know it won't happen because contracts, but if the Tahs could get a big rig like Tui (from NSW) he'd pair with Hanigan nicely.

I'd definitely have named them as targets for the Tahs if they weren't already signed for next year.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
I love seeing Sam Lousi run out for the Hurricanes whilst we are still wheeling Dean Mumm out on a wheelchair...

Status
Not open for further replies.