• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Matt Philip is being chased by Melbourne rebels for next year. When are the Tahs going to sign someone else? We need another decent lock with size and strength.

T

TOCC

Simmons would have cost a fair amount, maybe no more money in the banks for recruiting higher profile locks

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
if the rebels get coleman aswell.....then coleman, phillips, toolis, parling, cummins, jeffries (can be replaced due to injury) plus development players emmanuel and haangahana....seems overkill

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Who's the front runner for outside, Simone? I hope Gibson doesn't get carried away with Taqele's performance at 13 for the Barbarians. He was very good in attack but wasn't really tested in defence, I think he might be exposed a bit if he plays there in the future.

I actually think Taqele's display warrants at least one game in the 13 channel. Yes, he's probably not going to be the best defensive 13 in the world but neither Simone nor Folau light the world on fire either. He should be given a chance to prove he's more than a 5m out wrecking ball.
Plus with Folau and Beale hanging off the edges his inevitable line breaks will be invaluable.
It's also looking less likely that we'll sign either Meakes or Rona so alternate options need to be looked at

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
North's players Will Miller and Nick Palmer apparently trialing for contracts with the Tahs according to Rugby news. Does anyone have height, weight etc for these two?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
I have a mate who plays Norths 1st grade who reaaaaaaaaally rates Palmer.

Says he's the best second rower he's played with. Thinks he's the best in the Shield.

Interesting to see him over in NZ and going well. I wish him all he best with the Tahs (still want Phillips and Coleman though).

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Is Taf coming home? Front row will be pretty strong if he is.

He's certainly holidaying at home in Sydney. I saw him at 4.45am Saturday night (Sunday morning?) at the Kings Cross McDonalds with a 'fro comb in his hair. Any other player I'd be hesitant to say this, but its Tatafu and the man is the epitome of wholesomeness.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
He's certainly holidaying at home in Sydney. I saw him at 4.45am Saturday night (Sunday morning?) at the Kings Cross McDonalds with a 'fro comb in his hair. Any other player I'd be hesitant to say this, but its Tatafu and the man is the epitome of wholesomeness.

Heard that he runs the line for lower grade Parramatta teams whenever he can, seems like a great guy. Would be good if he finished his career with the Tahs.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Taaf came out and said he regretted hanging around the Tahs so long and holding back the development of younger players. If he does i expect he'll be playing from the bench a great deal.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Where did you get that mail from?

I didn't get it from anywhere, I was just wondering with the Force no longer in the competition what Taf was going to do. Seems logical he would come back to Sydney but another club might already have picked him up. Do you know anymore?

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
I didn't get it from anywhere, I was just wondering with the Force no longer in the competition what Taf was going to do. Seems logical he would come back to Sydney but another club might already have picked him up. Do you know anymore?

Only know what’s been written, I think Panda reported that he’d more than likely head O/S if the Force were cut, but that was a while ago.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Only know what’s been written, I think Panda reported that he’d more than likely head O/S if the Force were cut, but that was a while ago.

Ah, that would make sense. I forgot that he's got enough caps to come back and play for the Wallabies if he heads overseas.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
A shame. We need some old stagers in our Super squads to guide the youngsters. Taf's rest last year after his Bristol deal fell through seems to've done him the world of good; I reckon he's never played better than this year.

My thoughts nothwithstanding I'd like to see Latu, Ready and Uelese develop and feature in gold in the next five years. What's happened to Scoble from the Force?

Status
Not open for further replies.