• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
I was talking about players with a mate and Simmons came up.

It is quite amazing, he gets signed and a terrible lineout becomes effective in both attack and defense.

The only caveat we could think of was that we also have a tradesman hooker who throws well instead of Latu to factor in as well
The old colour of Jersey defence (only jokes you probably just see him more) His a very good super player.. I always wanted too see him dominant Tests but I think his just a good player at international workmen like.

Sent from my HTC 2PS6200 using Tapatalk

eastman

Arch Winning (36)
Not sure the value that Hegarty brings if you're not going to use him to replace either Beale or Foley. It's not like he has to kicking game to have him at fullback and move Folau to the wing- our attack drops off considerably even with his apparent ball playing ability. I think we'd be better placed to keep Folau at 15 and using a better attacking outside back.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Not sure the value that Hegarty brings if you're not going to use him to replace either Beale or Foley. It's not like he has to kicking game to have him at fullback and move Folau to the wing- our attack drops off considerably even with his apparent ball playing ability. I think we'd be better placed to keep Folau at 15 and using a better attacking outside back.

He has done quite well this year and added ball playing value

The torpedo

Peter Fenwicke (45)
Anyone know what the tahs form line has been after the blues loss? That appears to have been the line in the sand match

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tahs squad to tour Japan during the break.

NSW Waratahs Touring Squad: Damien Fitzpatrick (captain), Cameron Clark, Lalakai Foketi, Jake Gordon, Bryce Hegarty, Harry Johnson-Holmes, Jed Holloway, Maclean Jones, Mack Mason, Ryan McCauley, Will McDonnell, Will Miller, Taqele Naiyaravoro, Alex Newsome, Hugh Roach, Paddy Ryan, Mitchell Short, Irae Simone, Tom Staniforth, Lachlan Swinton, Shambeckler Vui, Cody Walker, Michael Wells and Brad Wilkin

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Anyone know what the tahs form line has been after the blues loss? That appears to have been the line in the sand match
2 from 4. But we all agree they were robbed in the Saders match, and they've certainly been more competitive.

Losing to this Blues side in brookie is pretty grim.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Big Taqele's also off to Northampton, a shame Andrew didn't decide to stay and fight for that wing spot. I could easily see him developing into a wing/fullback utility in the mould of Hegarty.

I wonder if Andrew's considered his speed advantage on those heavy Pommy pitches?

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Big Taqele's also off to Northampton, a shame Andrew didn't decide to stay and fight for that wing spot. I could easily see him developing into a wing/fullback utility in the mould of Hegarty.

I wonder if Andrew's considered his speed advantage on those heavy Pommy pitches?
I don't think he's good enough for the Tahs 15. Good luck to the lad though.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Seems like a reasonable move for Kellaway. The Tahs are in a position where they have multiple wing options who are all fairly similar. On that basis the offers made to them should be pretty low.

Cam Clark has taken his opportunity with both hands and should certainly be retained. We need that Taqele replacement though with some size.

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Another of those players who were superb at a younger age but never cracked it at the top. A coaching issue or a player issue? We may well see OS. Thankfully he's young enough to perhaps come back in a couple of years time a better player (like DHP) or else he decides he's done and enjoys life OS (like Blair Connor etc)

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Another of those players who were superb at a younger age but never cracked it at the top. A coaching issue or a player issue? We may well see OS. Thankfully he's young enough to perhaps come back in a couple of years time a better player (like DHP) or else he decides he's done and enjoys life OS (like Blair Connor etc)
Both, probably.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

runs good lines, but lacks the ability to blast past or blast through playing the big boys

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
Not many short, light wingers running around International rugby today.

Early days it looked like he could be another JOC (James O'Connor), but I'm not sure he ever had that mix of mercurial skill and explosive power that he had.

Status
Not open for further replies.