• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2018

Status
Not open for further replies.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Remember there will be a bit of an exodus from the Rebels next season as they lose their salary cap exemption. I'd hope we can pick up a few of their cast-offs. But then again I said that about the Force....

Quite right, b. But it also makes me wonder WTF the Tahs didn't snag a decent second-rower, or two.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Do we think there will be an exodus? Some players like Reid, Stirzaker & Hutchison have already moved on, others like Mafi and Parling will not be retained, plus Fainga'a and mayyybe Timani (hope not) have already said they are leaving.

Won't be a need for a post season exodus at this rate.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Remember there will be a bit of an exodus from the Rebels next season as they lose their salary cap exemption.

I'd hope we can pick up a few of their cast-offs. But then again I said that about the Force....

Already seeing that big exodus - McGregor gone, Hutchison gone plus the others whose names will escape me.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
No space under the cap and maybe the players didn't want to go to NSW?

And apparently didn't anticipate RA waiving the cap for this year to accommodate the suddenly surplus ex-Force players on the market. Of course, it really looks like only the Rebels had the foresight to see that coming.:rolleyes:

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
And apparently didn't anticipate RA waiving the cap for this year to accommodate the suddenly surplus ex-Force players on the market. Of course, it really looks like only the Rebels had the foresight to see that coming.:rolleyes:

Strangely, the timing seemed to be poor for most franchises to take advantage of that stroke of fortune.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
He was signed before the whole Force saga really blew up.
Ah right. Well, the at least at this stage with either Holloway or Hanigan able to partner Simmons in the 2nd row it really hasn’t turned out too badly. With Dempsey returning next year (and hopefully returning to form) the backrow will be stronger. Just missing a bruiser like Skelton or Palu to round out the pack.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
Remember there will be a bit of an exodus from the Rebels next season as they lose their salary cap exemption.

I'd hope we can pick up a few of their cast-offs. But then again I said that about the Force....

Since they got rid of Strirzaker, Lance, Hanson, Siliva, McGregor, Horwitz, Toolis, Reid, Fou and Shipperley, and now you can add Hutchison to the list, the Rebels are actually cap compliant.

RoffsChoice

Jim Lenehan (48)
Why are people arguing about the cap; they're either over it and will be done, or not and will be fine. I'm definitely inclined to think the CFO will make sure it's the latter.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Off the topic somewhat, well done Tahs. I traveled down from Newcastle and the crowd was much bigger and enthusiastic than earlier in the season when I went. Kudos to coaches and players. Semi final spot secured for the first time since 2015. I'll be down next to see if they can secure a home final. They've achieved more than most expected this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Really good interview with Gibson on the Fox Sports podcast. Pretty honest and some good insights on how tough his start as head coach was. Cheika took 6 staff to the wobs, add to that, no CEO .........

Sent from my Moto G (4) using Tapatalk

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
Off the topic somewhat, well done Tahs. I traveled down from Newcastle and the crowd was much bigger and enthusiastic than earlier in the season when I went. Kudos to coaches and players. Semi final spot secured for the first time since 2015. I'll be down next to see if they can secure a home final. They've achieved more than most expected this year

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
We are only into the quarters and will have to play a semi-final away from home.

The Honey Badger

Jim Lenehan (48)
Are there any wingers/fullbacks that have caught your eye in Shute Shield that could get a Waratahs contract? Latunipulu for Randwick is pretty explosive from what I’ve seen but makes a few mistakes.
If you were looking to develop a younger player.

Clements and/or McTaggart, both class acts.

IMO both will make it to Supe sooner than later.

Unfortunately neither have body build of Taqele. Both good finishers and a ton of talent.

Sent from my MHA-L09 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.