• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Add the brumbies, rebels, Blues, chiefs etc to that list. Also the amount of times the opposition teams made easy ground against the Tahs pack. How many times were forwards easily pushed off our own ball??

There is no Big T and his giant runs to save the Tahs next season.

Is Skelton coming back or are we just speculating?

It is interesting to see the saders in the final not start with Samu for a bigger unit

Tahs need another T/H lock and a bruising backrower

Nick Palmer was the lock, I thought he would add more

And the backrower? Dempsey fills the whole but lacks the angry, a good young 8 would be perfect.

Derpus

George Gregan (70)
It is interesting to see the saders in the final not start with Samu for a bigger unit

Tahs need another T/H lock and a bruising backrower

Nick Palmer was the lock, I thought he would add more

And the backrower? Dempsey fills the whole but lacks the angry, a good young 8 would be perfect.
If he ever comes back.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
The series of articles by 'Johnny Football' on the Roar makes for very interesting reading.

Part 2 has just gone up today, exposing some pretty major flaws in the way NSW is doing business.

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/09/...-nrc-and-the-death-of-the-second-tier-player/

https://www.theroar.com.au/2018/09/...the-death-of-the-second-tier-player-part-two/

I think the best example the guy could point to is Jeremy Tilse. For all his faults he was an experienced, older head happy to play a second/third tier role in the team.

When injuries struck, he always came in and did a job. Never let the team down.

Now it seems we don't have guys like Tilse, we only have 19/20 year olds. That makes sense for a few spots, but not all of them.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Announced today: Three more players cut from the Tahs squad. Wilkin, Roach and Sandell are out. The last two I can understand, Wilkin not so much. I know we have a multitude of lightweight backrowers but I liked his style of play. Injuries cursed him, but I thought he played OK this year with limited opportunities.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Announced today: Three more players cut from the Tahs squad. Wilkin, Roach and Sandell are out. The last two I can understand, Wilkin not so much. I know we have a multitude of lightweight backrowers but I liked his style of play. Injuries cursed him, but I thought he played OK this year with limited opportunities.

Interesting to see who replaces them

Jerry West

Sydney Middleton (9)
We still need a winger to replace T, surely Naivalu is being pursued.

Naivalu still contracted to the Rebels in 2019. Will have to wait til 2020 in which I assume he will head abroad. Adam-Ashley Cooper is a target replacement for Taqele for 2019.

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
Foketi and/or Clark can't fill the void left by Taqele. What about the Fijian 7s player who plays for the Force?

Up the Guts

Steve Williams (59)
13. Foketi 14. Rona wouldnt be awful. Not as good as having bit T around but eh.

Rona is a winger after all.
Probably the most sensible option we’ve got with the current players but still unappealing. Perhaps Beale could shift to 15 and Folau to 14.

Status
Not open for further replies.