• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2019

Status
Not open for further replies.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
No spot for To'omua RebelYell?

Won't be there until the final 3 games or so, so therefore not realistic to include IMO.
Nope. Educated at TKS and played Aus Schoolboys. He's obviously got some Kiwi and/or Islander in him though..

EDIT: I got curious so I looked him up on Wikipedia, he was born in NZ, no idea when he came out here, and he returned to NZ to play for Bay of Plenty from 2015-2017

Went to Churchie. VC of Aus U20s while at Rebels (McMahon Captain). Made Super Rugby debut but had already signed 2 year deal with Bayonne. Came back via NZ

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
If anyone is interested in good vision of Highlanders trial and has you tube on TV it’s on under “Highlanders v Waratahs 2019 PRE SEASON FULL GAME “ Unfortunately I couldn’t find the link on my phone

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Nope. Educated at TKS and played Aus Schoolboys. He's obviously got some Kiwi and/or Islander in him though..

EDIT: I got curious so I looked him up on Wikipedia, he was born in NZ, no idea when he came out here, and he returned to NZ to play for Bay of Plenty from 2015-2017

KOB does that mean he has to re-qualify to be considered at Wallaby level?

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Won't be there until the final 3 games or so, so therefore not realistic to include IMO.

Went to Churchie. VC of Aus U20s while at Rebels (McMahon Captain). Made Super Rugby debut but had already signed 2 year deal with Bayonne. Came back via NZ

No he went to Kings, I watched him play one day. But just as further evidence:

The former Australian Schoolboys team member won a contract with the Super Rugby franchise after impressing coach Tony McGahan. A graduate of Sydney rugby nursery, The King’s School, 19-year-old Lalakai has been added as a supplementary squad member.

https://www.smh.com.au/sport/rugby-...20s-centre-lalakai-foketi-20140108-30gw2.html

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
That's as dangerous a backline as anywhere in the conference (although I would swap in Gordon & Clark for Phipps & Rona on the bench in a 6/2 split).

My others:

Rebels: Genia, Cooper, Koro, Hodge, Meakes, Maddocks, DHP (Ruru, English in a 6/2)
Reds: McDermott, Stewart, Naivalu, Kerevi, CFS, Daugunu, Petaia (Sorovi, Hegarty, Paia'aua)
Brumbies: Lucas, Leali'ifano, Muirhead, Simone, Kuridrani, Pulu, Banks (Powell, Hawera, Speight)

I really wanted to give you a thumbs up but for me - replace CFS with Petaia and Hegarty to FB and CFS to bench -and you have nailed it...but gees that is harsh ok thumbs up coming your way

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Man I love AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 13 for defence but by god I hate him there in attack

Yeh I do tend to agree once Foketi comes back shift AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) to the wing but still in terms of current options would start AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) at 15 until Foketi returns. But agree wing better for AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).....

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I really wanted to give you a thumbs up but for me - replace CFS with Petaia and Hegarty to FB and CFS to bench -and you have nailed it.but gees that is harsh ok thumbs up coming your way

Haha thanks! CFS' first half of last year was very good - I'm happy to admit I've never been a huge wrap on him, but credit where it is due, he was very, very good. I also rate Hegarty highly.

Status
Not open for further replies.