• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

B

Bobby Sands

Karmichael was at 17.

Correct.

Played first XV at Churchie at 15/16.

He was a back and could have been one of the best in either code.

I think Tepai was playing backrow/prop.

Will most likely be a centre in Union.

All the same, no mean feat!

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
This would be a great move!

Was playing NRL at 18/19 - no mean feat.

The guy is an edge forward and will fit in well as a dynamic crash ball 12, which is where he played (12) for Aus schools. He has been pushed to prop lately to let taller units hit the edges

Side note

- he at one time was also interested in representing Aus in shot putt at the the Comm games, a strong athletic unit

- he was also part of a training day with Cheika's Tahs @ Newington. Chieks was impressed with both the Newington centres only to find out both were on NRL development contacts, the other unit with Cronulla

B

Bobby Sands

The guy is an edge forward and will fit in well as a dynamic crash ball 12, which is where he played (12) for Aus schools. He has been pushed to prop lately to let taller units hit the edges

Side note

- he at one time was also interested in representing Aus in shot putt at the the Comm games, a strong athletic unit

- he was also part of a training day with Cheika's Tahs @ Newington. Chieks was impressed with both the Newington centres only to find out both were on NRL development contacts, the other unit with Cronulla

Can remember & was disappointed to lose them. Glad to hear one might be coming back.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Can you cut & paste the key points? Pay walls deserve our disrespect

Oh... I didn't realise it was behind a pay wall I didn't get stopped when I was looked at it I just searched his name and clicked a link.. let me see what i can do.

"Rugby clubland took another hit when Australian Under-20s representative Joe Cotton was recruited by the Waratahs and told to report immediately to Sydney — leaving his Brisbane club, Wests, struggling without a first-grade hooker in the run to the Premier Rugby finals."

Club from Queensland happy for him but cranky they don't have him for the finalize was behind Efi Ma’alu in first grade before Efi got injured.

Is a Hooker

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I can only assume the Tahs are already training for next season and they are a) paying Cotton already and b) want him to attend training.

If both those things aren't true then it is lame that they have demanded he move to Sydney already.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
I can only assume the Tahs are already training for next season and they are a) paying Cotton already and b) want him to attend training.

If both those things aren't true then it is lame that they have demanded he move to Sydney already.

Maybe planning to run him in the NRC??

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member

If they are paying him, he can do as he is told, pretty sure he isn't being paid in Brisbane, so he is coming to Sydney to start his professional career