• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I don't watch league. That's a good signing is it? Assume he has rugby background?

He was pretty dominant at schoolboy level in the centres for Newington when they had a bunch of *cough* sporting scholarships *cough* and won the GPS rugby. He then played Australian schoolboys.

I'm not sure if he'd trim down and go back to the centres (he now plays prop in NRL) but he's a powerful runner and pretty physical.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Waratahs set to sign Tepai Moeroa from the Paramatta Eels, intend to use him in the centres which means Karmichael will get culled.
wasn't he some kinda special talent in union as a junior or have I got the player wrong.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
He was pretty dominant at schoolboy level in the centres for Newington when they had a bunch of *cough* sporting scholarships *cough* and won the GPS rugby. He then played Australian schoolboys.

I'm not sure if he'd trim down and go back to the centres (he now plays prop in NRL) but he's a powerful runner and pretty physical.

I guess the comparison we could make are Ben Teo and Sam Burgess who both went from NRL front-row/backrow to rugby union centres.

Based on that it gives me some hope it could be a success, he is a big unit these days though.

Bandar

Bob Loudon (25)

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
I guess the comparison we could make are Ben Teo and Sam Burgess who both went from NRL front-row/backrow to rugby union centres.

Based on that it gives me some hope it could be a success, he is a big unit these days though.

Id be looking for him to play 6. He is 190cm and 112kgs.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
If the Tahs need anything, it's a big body to get them over the advantage line. I'd be quite pleased with his signing. Just a shame Cron is leaving because he is pretty good at upskilling players and would have been useful getting Moeroa back into the swing of things in Union.
Certainly did a pretty good job upskilling Simone when he left the Rabbitohs to play Shute Shield!

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
You don't recruit a $400k player just to sit on the bench, it would be interesting to know what the coaches thought on this are ;)