1. Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

Discussion in 'Rugby Discussion' started by RugbyReg, May 9, 2019.

1. Derpus Simon Poidevin (60)

D) broke
    I like to watch likes this.
  2. Blackadder Nicholas Shehadie (39)

So who should the Tahs be targeting for next year?

I wouldn't mind seeing if the Orr brothers are available and maybe Rahboni Warren-Vosayaco from the sunwolves if available.
    Derpus likes this.
  3. Derpus Simon Poidevin (60)

yes please. Hooper, Vosayaco, Dempsey would be a quality backrow.
    Blackadder likes this.
  4. ShtinaTina Alex Ross (28)

Is it me, or does the section about the Waratahs sound familiar?
    https://www.foxsports.com.au/rugby/...t/news-story/2fc8a317445ef889b9b84a93a92087cc
    Blackadder and Derpus like this.
  5. Rebels3 Ken Catchpole (46)

Vosayaco I believe will be in the Japanese WC squad. Ben Gunter however, has failed what Japan believed was his residency rules qualification. Apparently he’s been ruled to have spent considerable time away from Japanese rugby in his time. Could really open the door for someone.

Oh and the paper saying Simmons has been offered and most likely staying for another 2 years
  6. Blackadder Nicholas Shehadie (39)

So apparently Simmons is staying 2 more years and Skeleton is going to Rebels.

Skeleton would have been nice.

So who are the Tahs looking at??
  7. Blackadder Nicholas Shehadie (39)

8. Strewthcobber Mark Ella (57)

Answers pretty easy to replace the 5 guys highlighted in the article, just do what they did before. Get a hard running/evasive outside back or No 8 from league, get a tight forward from South Africa, or get a hooker good enough to play for the Wallabies before a game of Super rugby!
  9. Blackadder Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Problem is the Tahs have a coach who disagrees with logic in relation to forwards
  10. ShtinaTina Alex Ross (28)

I was more making a point of the chronology of the post and the date of the article....someone's researching the forum ;)
  11. KOB1987 Steve Williams (59)

Do the Rebels still have an unlimited salary cap? Serious question.
    RoffsChoice likes this.
  12. 'Tattsy'TaylorFan1 Ward Prentice (10)

Interesting, if that's so, I hope the Tahs go hell for leather after Gunter. The Reds would have to be in the market for him though given his schooling connection to Brisbane.
  13. Blackadder Nicholas Shehadie (39)

14. dru Steve Williams (59)

15. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

at what?
    Gnostic likes this.
  16. Strewthcobber Mark Ella (57)

Gave Maddox a bit of a lesson on the weekend
  17. dru Steve Williams (59)

Reg, honest you'd just scrap the bloke? AAC has been solid.
  18. RugbyReg George Smith (75)

I think he has been poor most of the season. A couple of good performances. If that equates to solid, then yeah. That's fine. But no way do I think he has done "very well"
  19. dru Steve Williams (59)

Haha! Hell I wasn't looking for a biff and I certainly didn't expect to be talking this one through with another Qld-er.

OK. I have never liked this bloke. Ever. Really skeptical at his return. But I think he has done well. I'll admit "very" well to being emotive but I'll stick with "well". He certainly surprised me.

We (Reds) should be hanging onto Higgers. These guys should be open to AAC. Not joking, think the guy deserves respect here and should be thought of highly - in terms of his current performance.

Lock him in Waratahs.
  20. Braveheart81 Rocky Elsom (76)

The Tahs should only re-sign AAC if the price is right. He can't be amongst our highest paid players otherwise it is a waste of money.

I think he has a place in the squad but it is a moneyball proposition. He's not consistently test quality anymore and that is essentially what you have to strive for.

Super Rugby is such a tough competition. You can't just settle for a player that might be middle of the road or worse in their position relative to the other teams.
    RoffsChoice and RugbyReg like this.