• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
It looked a given as he was still on the https://nsw.rugby/teams/nsw-waratahs page that Jimmy posted.

I'm liking these local appointments vs. shipping in too many players. It's much more of a Canterbury approach to squad building. It actually reminded me a little of this video for how the Crusaders build their squads around the Ben Darwin cohesion approach and why their academy is so important.

You want an example of the opposite to the Ben Darwin cohesion approach? Gibson bringing Karmichael in a month before the start of Super Rugby 2019 to play in the centres of all places.
One of the most important combinations in rugby from a cohesion point of view, according to Ben Darwin, is the 10-12-13 line up. On twitter Darwin cited Ireland's combination (Jack Carty, Chris Farrell and Garry Ringrose) v Japan in their pool game as a contributing factor to their defeat.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
You want an example of the opposite to the Ben Darwin cohesion approach? Gibson bringing Karmichael in a month before the start of Super Rugby 2019 to play in the centres of all places.
One of the most important combinations in rugby from a cohesion point of view, according to Ben Darwin, is the 10-12-13 line up. On twitter Darwin cited Ireland's combination (Jack Carty, Chris Farrell and Garry Ringrose) v Japan in their pool game as a contributing factor to their defeat.

I guess the only thing I could say against that is that Foley had played some game time with Hunt outside him in the Wallabies setup so there was a degree of cohesion between the two players (and even Folau out the back), though not the same amount as playing week in, week out club footy together.

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
You want an example of the opposite to the Ben Darwin cohesion approach? Gibson bringing Karmicihael in a month before the start of Super Rugby 2019 to play in the centres of all places.
Kind of agree Tattsy, but I thought he was a good buy. Had higher level rugby experience, could cover a few outside back spots, plus the Reds covered part of his contract so we got him cheap. With the demise of He who must not be mentioned, it allowed KB (Kurtley Beale) to go to fullback and KH to play 12

dru

Tim Horan (67)
For the NSW diehards. The’re in season right now, these pics from the Central Tablelands.

2D6596A5-2BAE-4051-90B2-A5BF47D47D13.jpeg

7D650258-EE4F-4F3D-8799-65AF91705481.jpeg

hifflepiff

Charlie Fox (21)
After watching the NRC final, I'm convinced the Tahs/Rebels should sign Fergus Lee-Warner

Would provide some much needed height and grunt to both packs.

Tahs could also do worse than signing Byron Ralston to get some pace in the outside channels.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
big fan of Hunt and the starch that he provides the midfield. An older head will be key with the younger backline. I met his family at the Saders game this season and apart from being lovely, seemed to be appreciative of the start that the Tahs gave him. Think he'll be in gold next year.

B

Bobby Sands

big fan of Hunt and the starch that he provides the midfield. An older head will be key with the younger backline. I met his family at the Saders game this season and apart from being lovely, seemed to be appreciative of the start that the Tahs gave him. Think he'll be in gold next year.

Married Scott Harding’s sisters (ex Lions) who was in his year at school. Good people.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
Marketing wise its a smart move regardless of if he is staying or not, there's not exactly many options in terms of household names at the tahs, pretty much non if you aren't a union follower

All last year they were insistent on plastering Nick Phibbs and Hanigan, two of the most polarised players in Australia

Dumb af
Phibb's still getting around.. Champion bloke whats he playing now Rats 3rd grade

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
Just saw the list of home homes for the Tahs. Three games at Bankwest, 1 at Brookvale, only 1 at the SCG, Newcastle, Wollongong and Tamworth. If one of those Bankwest games was given to Brookvale so each venue had two games I'd say that would be a pretty ideal split of games. Do we really need to rebuild the SFS?

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
Just saw the list of home homes for the Tahs. Three games at Bankwest, 1 at Brookvale, only 1 at the SCG, Newcastle, Wollongong and Tamworth. If one of those Bankwest games was given to Brookvale so each venue had two games I'd say that would be a pretty ideal split of games. Do we really need to rebuild the SFS?
The Roosters and Sydney FC need a rectangular home ground

dru

Tim Horan (67)
None of the rectangular field games really need it. The roosters don't get massive crowds anymore - an Sydney FC certainly don't.

Have you checked out Eels/Parramatta? It's fabulous. Would be fantastic for rugby.

Top Bottom