• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
Tandy will be a huge loss. Looking at the 2020 squad I can’t see any attacking weapons at all so I think the Tahs have to go with the defence, defence, defence play book to get a turnover and then maybe attack. Looked that way at times this year, I think they were number 1 or 2 in the comp for kicks out of hand.

'Tattsy'TaylorFan1

Ward Prentice (10)
I think Beale, Hunt and Gordon are all fine attacking options.
Yeah, Naiyaravoro was world class in 2018 I think so it’s extremely hard to fill that void. It made life so simple because the other 14 guys on the paddock just had to do a job good enough to give him open space or a one on one on that left wing. I just can’t see a point of difference in attack for the Tahs - you never know though Nawaqanitawase could burst onto the scene.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Scotland released Taylor early as long as they got Tandy. Fair trade. Whoooo is around the world as a solid defence coach option for the tahs now? Will penney go for a NZer?

Silverado

Dick Tooth (41)
He has played pretty fantastic at Northampton since leaving the Tahs.
He was playing fantastic in his last year for the Tahs. Apparently he's on £400k per season at Northampton. There's no way he'd get that money in any Australian franchise as a winger. I miss him too, but it's professional sport.

Jimmy_Crouch

Ken Catchpole (46)
Just had a look at https://nsw.rugby/teams/nsw-waratahs and the squad has been updated to include all the new players. Previously they just removed players who had moved on. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) hasn't been removed until now. Being that he was previously listed and not off in Japan (I know he and his wife have recently had their first child) it is interesting.

ruggy

Herbert Moran (7)
Yikes! That's 750k Aus. Not many players running around on that salary.
He was playing fantastic in his last year for the Tahs. Apparently he's on £400k per season at Northampton. There's no way he'd get that money in any Australian franchise as a winger. I miss him too, but it's professional sport.

Ref_Ted

Sydney Middleton (9)

Begs the question as to why both Naiyaravoro and Skelton both went to the Premiership to develop true potential as Rugby players. Skelton in particular is now an absolute weapon at Saracens.