• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2020

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
@7137, we'll see soon enough. With Maddocks keen to play FB also it's going the be interesting,

@Blackadder: Seems you were. Good on Penny for giving Harrison a go. Is Mason definitely ruled out? If so I wonder what the plan is. 80 mins. Beale shift to 10 later. Either way I'm actually excited as I think expectations are not particularly high.

Edit: Just saw that Mason is indeed ruled out.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
@Blackadder: Seems you were. Good on Penny for giving Harrison a go. Is Mason definitely ruled out? If so I wonder what the plan is. 80 mins. Beale shift to 10 later. Either way I'm actually excited as I think expectations are not particularly high.

There's a match thread in the Rugby Matches forum.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Is the Le Routs Roex plating for the Sharks the same one who was contracted to Waratahs previously?

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Is the Le Routs Roex Le Roux Roets plating for the Sharks the same one who was contracted to Waratahs previously?

Yep Looks like we'll finally get to see what he's like at Super Rugby level. He actually looks a little slimmer/fitter if you can believe it. I believe he was playing for the Pumas in the Currie Cup after his Waratahs contract was terminated.

Drew

Bob Davidson (42)
Got a bit dyslexic on the name. Interesting he’s getting a go. Wonder if it is his new found fitness? Being on home soil? But he didn’t have a look in with us.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Got a bit dyslexic on the name. Interesting he’s getting a go. Wonder if it is his new found fitness? Being on home soil? But he didn’t have a look in with us.

Don't worry I'm dyslexic with most my posts :)

I'm not sure the whole story at the Tahs, was pretty tight with Folau and his brother I believe. I know we picked him after he'd had a pretty ordinary stint in the French comp. I got the impression a big boy who hasn't really developed his game. You can see why people see potential. Hes a young wall of a man.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
On the flipside, Scotlands defence and tackling was rather good in their openning 6 Nations match. Tandy seems to be doing ok up there.

That's the thing, Bailey said he was going to follow Tandy's defence plan and just introduce more dominant tackles for players.
Looks like he threw it out completely

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
Well the four years of Gibson has really continued with the Tahs. So many players signed up that needed to be moved on like Newsome. Still the rubbish pack that is too light and heartless that he loved so much. But again apparently there were none available.

So many players left and little was done to replace them. WHY???

Tahs management (The ones that kept giving Gibson contract extensions and recruitment powers) needed to take a look at the Tahs failures and players that were leaving a look to strengthen but nothing. Blind Freddie could see that the Tahs needed to recruit big strong hard hitting forwards but nothing.

Long season ahead.

Waiting for the excuses.