• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2021

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
They always try and get a mix of players in from each team, it's probably the team of the round that I pay least attention to.
I agree all these teams of the week are subjective, however watching both games, O'Connor was very, very good and young Harrison definitely did not control the game or play as well as O'Connor..if it was close I would understand..but it wasn't

I asked the question of who selected this team of the week but it is no one specific.
To me JOC (James O'Connor) just getting better and assured at 10 and at this point my no brainer pick as starting ten for wallabies. Captaincy also adding to this improvement imo and would love to see him appointed wallaby captain as he seems to be just getting better as both player and captain whilst captain. I don’t think will happen though as probably won’t be reds captain soon given Wright returning

Jimmyjam

Darby Loudon (17)
Agree but nswru and tahs need to come to the party and get there shit together - as otherwise why would he stay?

IMO a big part of the tahs 'getting their shit together' is the current players buying in as being part of the solution.... putting pen to paper at fair market value rather than go to the papers trying to up their value. That stuff can/should be played out behind closed doors.

If all he sees the in the current difficult situation is an opportunity to kick the club when they are down, then I'd prefer him to just eff off.

He's a fantastic young player and I'd love him to stay but this stinks a bit to me.

John S

Chilla Wilson (44)
The SMH also reporting Ned Hanigan will be coming back to the Tahs next year.

First bit of not bad news for a while in relation to the roster.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
If Hanigan mainly plays lock - (with Swinton 6 and Harris 8) then will definitely need a big body for the other lock - a wykes/williams/douglas won't cut it, it would be a team of blindsides basically.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Caird could end up being alright. He's only 24 and doesn't have a lot of experience. 2020 was his first year as a full time pro with the Blues.

I'd be happy if we can agree to part ways with Whetton before next season though.

Blackadder

Desmond Connor (43)
IMO a big part of the tahs 'getting their shit together' is the current players buying in as being part of the solution.. putting pen to paper at fair market value rather than go to the papers trying to up their value. That stuff can/should be played out behind closed doors.

If all he sees the in the current difficult situation is an opportunity to kick the club when they are down, then I'd prefer him to just eff off.

He's a fantastic young player and I'd love him to stay but this stinks a bit to me.

If you read the article it says with Penney gone it improves the Tahs chances of keeping him. Shows again who a big problem was.

The Tahs need to get their shit together otherwise players are going to keep wanting out.

Bell hasn't said a thing it's a newspaper article stating he is testing his worth via his manager.

The Tahs have to start pulling their finger out.

Tomikin

Simon Poidevin (60)
IMO a big part of the tahs 'getting their shit together' is the current players buying in as being part of the solution.. putting pen to paper at fair market value rather than go to the papers trying to up their value. That stuff can/should be played out behind closed doors.

Sacking his dad might not help

Overtime

Herbert Moran (7)
Probably unlikely that he would want to leave the Brumbies and not sure when he is off contract but I would like to see the Tahs target someone like Tom Wright. I think he is a great winger but feel he would be an even better player at 12. I was watching some highlights from his schoolboy days at Joeys where he played 10. Wright and Perese together as a center pairing I feel would be something to behold. If Perese stays out of trouble I recon he would be in contention for the next world cup squad and possibly somewhere in the wallaby 23. While I don't see the Tahs as a threat this year or next I think they are on the improve and will only get better. If they keep players like Harrison, Harris, Tizzano, Bell, Perese, Gordon and the two second rowers that played against the Brumbies and add a few other players in key positions they should be very competitive in 2023. They need to get rid of some dead wood though. Not a fan of Ramm. I feel the Tahs lack speed on the flanks. They need a flyer their like Vunavalu or Daugunu.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Don't see your problem with Ramm OT. For mine he's been the most consistent of our back three, albeit without the opportunities he got in 2020. He would be clearly the quickest player in the Tahs, has a huge boot, makes his tackles and seems to go looking for work.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Don't see your problem with Ramm OT. For mine he's been the most consistent of our back three, albeit without the opportunities he got in 2020. He would be clearly the quickest player in the Tahs, has a huge boot, makes his tackles and seems to go looking for work.

Yep, I think going for the "point of difference" winger too often means we're prepared to sacrifice skills like defence and kicking, in the hope of having someone like Taqele, who can create excitement in attack - 3-4 times a season. Ramm seems like a polished all-round performer, despite his inexperience - definitely worth investing in.