• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2021

B

Bobby Sands

I’ve never seen much in Pat? But I might not of watched him close enough. Japan seems to be a great competition to build continuity and confidence in your game.

Rugbynutter39

Michael Lynagh (62)
Only one problem the Tahs don’t have the money.

Hmmm yes and we don’t know how much money they will have either as we still wait on broadcast deal and possible private equity investment.....

Tough not knowing as a fan what this looks like so can only imagine how tough for players - I do worry how many more players we lose to overseas before something is announced.

Tahtrajic

Ted Fahey (11)
Can’t fault Stanifort on effort, but someone please get him to run at the gaps not the man.
On the subject of locks for next year WTF are the Tahs going to do no Hanigan, Simmons and no money. I wasn’t a fan of signing Simmons but he has done good things and Hanigan has really lifted this season after struggling for consistency this last couple years. From my limited knowledge all the young up ang coming locks are signed for other teams.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
It's definitely concerning. Hopefully we can nab Rodda if he ever comes back.

Steve Cummins is coming back but apparently going to the Rebels. If Phillip comes back surely somone had the Rebels has to leave

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Can’t fault Stanifort on effort, but someone please get him to run at the gaps not the man.
On the subject of locks for next year WTF are the Tahs going to do no Hanigan, Simmons and no money. I wasn’t a fan of signing Simmons but he has done good things and Hanigan has really lifted this season after struggling for consistency this last couple years. From my limited knowledge all the young up ang coming locks are signed for other teams.

Mac Douglas and Jeremy WIlliams two to keep an eye on.

https://www.rugby.com.au/news/2019/12/23/20-under-20-rugby-boys-rising-stars

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
In what way has he come along a fair way? He's not making any more impact on games- he's continued to be fairly mediocre (not a slight at him) for the last 3 years.

I think his workrate is good and he's no longer making as many mistakes (getting held up in contact etc.).

He's never going to be a barnstorming ballrunner but he's also not being asked to be.

I wouldn't have retained him if we'd kept Simmons and Hanigan but we haven't so now he becomes more important.

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
Staniforth has come along a fair way this year I think.

We also need him now as our one proper lock. I can only assume his asking price is not particularly high.

Yep, not a great look to be the first signing after the Tahs announce they're going to cut a million dollars out of their wages bill.

WorkingClassRugger

David Codey (61)
I think his workrate is good and he's no longer making as many mistakes (getting held up in contact etc.).

He's never going to be a barnstorming ballrunner but he's also not being asked to be.

I wouldn't have retained him if we'd kept Simmons and Hanigan but we haven't so now he becomes more important.

Maybe. But he should be making a few metres in contact every now and then. Watching him on the weekend pretty much every time he took the ball into contact he'd engage the defenders at the line and not make a metre past that. Which frankly isn't good enough given his overall physical presence.