• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2024

FoleyBealeFolau

Ward Prentice (10)
Daniel Botha. Exceptionally average graphics from the intern there.
The post is affixed with a caption across all the social channels mentioning Botha; the screengrab posted here doesn't include it. The graphics are fine in light of this and it's nice to see the pathway progression.

Crashy

Arch Winning (36)
I was pleased to see this. Australian rugby needs big packs. South Africa have bullied their way to the RWC final and most people are in awe of this. We bitch and moan that the mungos pinch our players - but its massive second rowers and props (IMHO) that we need in our 5 pro teams that will set us up. Big packs.....

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
IMG_9277.jpeg

Updates have been made haha

Rob42

John Solomon (38)
I wonder if these signings were all awaiting the new arrangements with RA, or if they've been in place for a while and just waiting for a bit of clear air for publication?

Either way, all good to see. Just starting to stoke the hype train, will be departing the station soon and should be up to full speed by early Feb...

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Feels like its been timed for post Wallabies to work into the pre season.

We had heard about Lee-Warner, Amatosero and Thompson-Stringer a few months ago.

Force seemed to announce their signings pre world cup and others waited.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Feel like the Front Row group has been well put together now with the recent Prop signings. Competition for positions is a good thing.

Porecki is 31 and the only one I feel comfortable starting if you are trying to put out a winning side as much as Mahe is fun to watch. Boks just won a WC with a 37 year old Hooker playing most of the game so not writing him off but I hope they have some targets in mind. Got Slack-Smith back home, now go get Billy Pollard. Few of the recent U20s are around like Thomas Maka but he makes Uelese look accurate if you've seen him throw.

wamberal99

Syd Malcolm (24)
Feel like the Front Row group has been well put together now with the recent Prop signings. Competition for positions is a good thing.

Porecki is 31 and the only one I feel comfortable starting if you are trying to put out a winning side as much as Mahe is fun to watch. Boks just won a WC with a 37 year old Hooker playing most of the game so not writing him off but I hope they have some targets in mind. Got Slack-Smith back home, now go get Billy Pollard. Few of the recent U20s are around like Thomas Maka but he makes Uelese look accurate if you've seen him throw.

We should keep an eye on Nic Dolly.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
Once a Woody always a Woody Wamby.

Capped for England in 2021 which is a bit annoying but only 24 years old which is good.
As it stands he'll be eligible again before the first test of 2025, assuming he doesn't get another England call up in the interim. If he was signed soon for the 2025 season on the understanding he was on RA's radar so he didn't take another England he'd effectively be eligible by the time he arrived.

I can't speak to how he's playing or if he's at that level though, and he'd of course have to want to represent Australia instead of England

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Brings up another question about Super Rugby in my eyes. The talk of it being dead and going different directions surely isn't very appealing to someone who has a deal in the Premiership even though those Clubs aren't flying you are playing Club Rugby in Europe.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
As it stands he'll be eligible again before the first test of 2025, assuming he doesn't get another England call up in the interim. If he was signed soon for the 2025 season on the understanding he was on Rugby Australia's radar so he didn't take another England he'd effectively be eligible by the time he arrived.

I can't speak to how he's playing or if he's at that level though, and he'd of course have to want to represent Australia instead of England

I thought under the new rules you can switch back to your country of birth at any time

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
I thought under the new rules you can switch back to your country of birth at any time
Not as far as I'm aware, you still have to serve a stand down period of 3 years and you can only do it once. There is an Olympics 7s loophole that can get in a shorter switch, but it only applies in very specific situations.

Members Section

John Thornett (49)
Not as far as I'm aware, you still have to serve a stand down period of 3 years and you can only do it once. There is an Olympics 7s loophole that can get in a shorter switch, but it only applies in very specific situations.

hahaha i dont think he is playing 7's lol