• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2025

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
Took the list from Reg's initial thread starter so I can't take credit.

I think Cheik would be an initial sugar hit and may get them going to 5-8 on the table which is in the finals but in the realm or irrelevance considering the competition. If you are going to sit there on the table you need to be growing for the future and I'm not sure he's the guy for it.

He'll definitely be spoken of though.
He's underrated as a coach. The 'Tahs, the 2015 WC final, his success with the Pumas. He's better than DC.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Add the Heineken Cup and the Celtic League to his tally. Only coach to do Northern & Southern Hemisphere right?

His persona has overshadowed the results at the end.

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
Cheika is the coach everyone loves to hate, which I think is a mix of his emotional 'heart-on-his-sleeve' persona and the fact he's a Tah.
Also happens to be clearly the most successful Australian rugby coach since Rod Macqueen. If he's interested in returning to the Tahs, 'sign here, press hard'!!

RugbyReg

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Cheika …
Also happens to be clearly the most successful Australian rugby coach since Rod Macqueen. If he's interested in returning to the Tahs, 'sign here, press hard'!!

I guess you’re saying Australian rugby coach not wallaby rugby coach? Because… otherwise…

IMG_5603.jpeg

Froggy

John Solomon (38)
I was saying Australian rugby coach, and so taking into account also his record at Leinster, the Tahs and Argentina. And I'm not suggesting he return to the Wallabies, so all the Cheika haters from other provences needn't get their knickers in a knot, but I think he would be exactly the right coach for the Tahs right now. If you study his record, he is probably a coach to move on after two or three seasons, but in picking up a team that's down he has a real skill.

Tazzmania

Tom Lawton (22)
According to Fissler Confidential, Gordon may no longer heading overseas:

"But Perpignan’s bid to lure Wallaby scrum-half Jake Gordon away from the Tahs looks doomed to failure with Rugby Australia appearing unwilling to release him from the final year of his contract.'

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Indifferent on it. I want to see more Wilson though at 9.

I do too.

Interestingly, the feedback I got was that his kicking game is well behind the other two which is why he's been third string for the bulk of the season.

Hopefully he can improve that for next season because he's an exciting player. I do think he's well and truly in the Tahs future plans though.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Could be a valid point and he wouldn't of had to use it much through schools with his running game. I'm sure sending him to the 7s is helping it.....

Reminds me a lot of Burgess but has a better pass already.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)