• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs 2025

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
He doesn’t seem the type but it’s also not conducive to have a bloke kicking rocks around the joint or the talk of going elsewhere.

I reckon he’ll be in different colours by next year.

Wilson

Michael Lynagh (62)
In my view they should let him go. Has certainly done his time with Australian rugby, wouldn't be in anyone's top two halfbacks (but would make the squad for some) and he's got an opportunity overseas that is presumably pretty good.

Rugby Australia would get out of paying him for 6 months.
Yeah, I'm a bit surprised they've kept him, would've thought it was only the tahs that really benefit and even then there's not much point holding onto someone that wants out.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
He doesn’t seem the type but it’s also not conducive to have a bloke kicking rocks around the joint or the talk of going elsewhere.

I reckon he’ll be in different colours by next year.

I think he's very much a professional and I don't think he'll be a disruptive force due to not being allowed to leave. He's been pretty dedicated to the Tahs and Australian rugby for a long time.

Does Schmidt like him more than any of us??

If I was Phil Waugh I would definitely have asked him if he thought Gordon was in his best 23 and if not, tell him that we can save a couple of hundred grand by saying yes to this.

Adam84

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
IMG_0951.gif

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Harrison leaving is a blow. So is Hanigan, frankly.
When you add Swinton it's a big chunk gone. Slack-Smith missing a season due to a concussion at his age is also concerning.

I hope they can sign Amatosero long term but will wait and see who they get in the back row. There's kids coming through but they are 2-3 years off being effective at Super Rugby at best.

Sucks when a guy like Kemeny has signed overseas as well. Can't imagine he's going for as much as Hanigan.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
When you add Swinton it's a big chunk gone. Slack-Smith missing a season due to a concussion at his age is also concerning.

I hope they can sign Amatosero long term but will wait and see who they get in the back row. There's kids coming through but they are 2-3 years off being effective at Super Rugby at best.

Sucks when a guy like Kemeny has signed overseas as well. Can't imagine he's going for as much as Hanigan.
Wonder if you guys will pick up Wilkin, Ekuasi or Leota.

Highlander35

Andrew Slack (58)
I can't imagine that any RA offer would be the best one available to Ekuasi. He'll have at least MP (Moana Pasifika), Blues/Highlanders and a few Japanese teams reaching out as he supposedly had end of last year.

Leota solves a lot of problems, but I think Smith (if he wants to put on the Canary rather than the white) might be the Tahs best bet.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I can't imagine that any RA offer would be the best one available to Ekuasi. He'll have at least MP (Moana Pasifika) (Moana Pasifika), Blues/Highlanders and a few Japanese teams reaching out as he supposedly had end of last year.

Leota solves a lot of problems, but I think Smith (if he wants to put on the Canary rather than the white) might be the Tahs best bet.
I've been impressed by Smith. Would be a good shout.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I feel hypocritical because I've said I hate vulturing the Rebels before any calls have been made but I'm sure there's a list of who'd they want. I think Wilkin and Leota would be great pickups for everyone even though not required by some. Canham probably the most wanted IMO. Then I reckon Lancaster would have plenty of offers coming his way.