• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs Championship Commemorative Stubby Holders

Status
Not open for further replies.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Got a sample cooler, colour isn't too bad either
uploadfromtaptalk1407564101611.jpg

Sent from my unknown using Tapatalk

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Might be best to spell "Canterbury" correctly. Also, make the venues standard, either the name of the stadium or the city, not a mismatch. Otherwise, I like it, I'll take five.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Might be best to spell "Canterbury" correctly. Also, make the venues standard, either the name of the stadium or the city, not a mismatch. Otherwise, I like it, I'll take five.
Nice pickup on Canterbury typo. Gagger saw it too and I thought is leave it there to see of anyone picked it up!

re names, they kind of are all stadium names once you strip away the sponsor names... Melbourne rectangular stadium, Waikato stadium, Perth oval (which is deceptively square)

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Personally I prefer the version with the players names but I will definitely buy both if they're both available.

In terms of the match results one, I think it's better to put the scores in the games the Tahs lost than CENSORED.

For stadium names I think we should go with the sponsor names in general. Bruce Stadium is now known as Canberra Stadium if you're not using the sponsor name (GIO).

The final is listed as being played at Sydney Olympic Stadium whereas the two earlier games are listed as SOP (Sydney Olympic Park).

It probably should just be Crusaders rather than Canterbury Crusaders.

This is what I'd have for the stadiums:

Allianz, ANZ, Suncorp, AAMI Park, nib (all fairly well known names) and then go with Eden Park, Newlands, Kings Park, Waikato, Canberra which are probably the names most people know those grounds as.

I know it's a mix of sponsor and actual names but it seems to reflect what people call them pretty well.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
I hear ya, but those sponsor names change so often I don't even bother remembering them. Anz was telstra for years. Allianz was Aussie etc. Generally I'm trying to use the original name before marketing told us what to think, ie Bruce is in the suburb of Bruce and that was used for years

nice point in sop, will change the top one.

I like the player ones too, why not both and sell them as a pair?

will put in the losses, they made us stronger

I thought they were the Canterbury crusaders just like we are the new south Wales waratahs

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Nowadays, I think the teams are all identifiable by their official moniker - Reds, Waratahs, Brumbies, etc and that is enough.
I like the generic stadium names too, but that's just me.
I agree with putting the losses in - looks a bit precious to not!
Also, do both, I'll buy several pairs - can think of a few who'd like them.
As I said, will make a good pair with my Reds one, and hopefully can add other Aussie teams.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I hear ya, but those sponsor names change so often I don't even bother remembering them. Anz was telstra for years. Allianz was Aussie etc. Generally I'm trying to use the original name before marketing told us what to think, ie Bruce is in the suburb of Bruce and that was used for years

nice point in sop, will change the top one.

I like the player ones too, why not both and sell them as a pair?

will put in the losses, they made us stronger

I thought they were the Canterbury crusaders just like we are the new south Wales waratahs

Fair call re: sponsor names. Still think Canberra is better than Bruce now. It's been a while since it's been called Bruce to my knowledge (and if you look it up, it's official name sans sponsor is Canberra Stadium).

Could definitely sell them as a pair.

I think none of the Super Rugby teams have a place name in the official name according to SANZAR. The only one that goes close is the Western Force to my knowledge. I don't really mind either way though.

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
Looks pretty decent on the dark navy blue I reckon... maybe do the light one for player names?

Untitled-2.png

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
ok ran out of time but how are these player names?

also thinking dark navy blue text on the lighter background

Tahs-players-v5.png

Moses

Simon Poidevin (60)
Staff member
It's easy to try and be too clever with nick names, but would rather use real name if we don't have one. What's Hooper called in a pub conversation?

Status
Not open for further replies.