• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Blues - Round 11, Saturday 6 May, Allianz Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Heh. Difficult to make this work when they start making enquiries on the Tuesday.

How do you create reserved seating for all your mebers and ticket holders at a different ground that to my knowledge doesn't have reserved seating?

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Heh. Difficult to make this work when they start making enquiries on the Tuesday.

How do you create reserved seating for all your mebers and ticket holders at a different ground that to my knowledge doesn't have reserved seating?

Yeah, fuck it though?

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)

Rope off a section on the hill and give them all two tinnies on entry.

Did I mention there's a hill at North Sydney?

Straya.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'd guess that the compensation on offer didn't make it a worthwhile exercise and/or Foxsports had an issue with it as the broadcaster.

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
But I love how Gallop puts in a disclaimer prior to the event that it's rugby's fault if the pitch is shite on Sunday!

Cpt Crow Eater

Chris McKivat (8)
If you mean actual crowd,doubtful.If you are talking Tahs official crowd, then yeah it's a certainty.h

"Great news everyone!

The ARU has just announced that the NSW Waratahs have just broken an Australian attendance record yet again!

The 'Tahs have managed to get 90,000 fans to North Sydney Oval!

Australian rugby is still going strong. Move along now, nothing to see here...."

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
FFA not totally happy

Knew about "FFS" but this is a new one to me.
my close friendship circle (~10ish people)
10! wft! Look at this guy, fucken Pope Michael III. Ten people dont talk to me all fucken year. And for 8 of them its just to say "excuse me Sir but addressing me as 'ya pedo c**t' is not going to persuade me to give you any spare change. It didn't work yesterday and it's not going to work today."

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It's kind of amazing that Sydney FC and the FFA only brought this up for a meeting on the Tuesday before the weekend grand final.

Whilst hosting the grand final was only confirmed on Saturday, it's not like Sydney's position as minor premiers hasn't been confirmed for a substantial amount of time and was probable for a very long time.

Clearly the Waratahs schedule of having a game there on the Saturday night has been available for a long time.

If they were worried about the potential state of the ground, why wouldn't they have been working behind the scenes to make the move viable earlier?

stoff

Bill McLean (32)
It's kind of amazing that Sydney FC and the FFA only brought this up for a meeting on the Tuesday before the weekend grand final.

Whilst hosting the grand final was only confirmed on Saturday, it's not like Sydney's position as minor premiers hasn't been confirmed for a substantial amount of time and was probable for a very long time.

Clearly the Waratahs schedule of having a game there on the Saturday night has been available for a long time.

If they were worried about the potential state of the ground, why wouldn't they have been working behind the scenes to make the move viable earlier?
They pull this rubbish every year. They were whinging about AFL not handing over Etihad last year. The AFL had a match on that had been fixtured for about four months, and soccer just expected them to step aside for their GF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
C-8Rsm-XcAE6ZV-.jpg:large

Gordon starting again, Phipps on the bench.

Holloway starting with Wells on the bench.

Tolu Latu back from injury and Damien Fitzpatrick drops off the bench.

Reece Robinson back in the side for Taqele Naiyaravoro.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Close to our best team, although i would have liked Taqele on the bench for late game impact.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Pretty happy with that team!

Although I would've liked Taqele over Reece.

If we're looking for a 'pure' winger surely there are better options then Reece floating around in the SS? By 'pure' I mean quick, evasive, decent defensively and not a wrecking ball like Taqele.

I like what I've seen of Richard Woolf at Norths.

Status
Not open for further replies.