• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies 28th June ANZ Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Anybody heard about the crowd figures? Christ it was cold out there, must've cost us at least 5,000 softies. The board put up a figure of 11 degrees. Crap! If it was over 6 I'm an All Black.

29,000 apparently.

Disappointing that it is our best crowd for the year and still under 30k but at least crowds are heading in the right direction.

ACT Crusader

Jim Lenehan (48)
The rules were changed after the Stormers parachuted Schalk Britz in during the 2010 finals.

As I understand it, to be eligible for the finals a player:

* has to be a named member of squad; or
* have played at least four games during the regular tournament and before the finals start; or
* is an injury replacement on proof of injury and if the player is in the country by a certain date.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

I think that was 2011 and Brits was signed in June if I recall and was basically on loan from Saracens.

If you are an original squad member and have a SANZAR approved contract, you could miss the whole season through injury and come back for the finals.

BPC

Phil Hardcastle (33)
I think that was 2011 and Brits was signed in June if I recall and was basically on loan from Saracens.

If you are an original squad member and have a SANZAR approved contract, you could miss the whole season through injury and come back for the finals.

I thought it was 2010 but I could be wrong.

The previous rule was something along the lines of not being able to bring in a player in his usual position after the finals started and the Stormers borrowed Brits from Saracens and signed him as a back rower rather than hooker.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Foley's try was nice, Froggy, (and it was up my end, thank you boys) but the defining piece of play for me was the last try in the corner (which was right in front of me). The mental toughness, enthusiasm and energy Beale and Hooper showed to get in behind the Ponies' defence warmed the cockles of my heart. And then big Cliffy (who said he's fragile?, or can't play 80 minutes?) backed up to score a wonderful team try IN THE 79TH MINUTE! I'd go so far as to say that passage of play might shape up as the defining moment of the Tahs' triumph this year.

The Ponies played very well on Saturday night, they put us under a lot of pressure for most of the game.

That was a good test of the modern Tahs against a skilful, well-organised and committed opponent. They played good, done strong.

Anybody heard about the crowd figures? Christ it was cold out there, must've cost us at least 5,000 softies. The board put up a figure of 11 degrees. Crap! If it was over 6 I'm an All Black.

A like was just not enough. This is a GREAT post.

Georgina Robinson said 29,000, it looked more on TV. But if Georgie said it, I believe it, that settles it. If the karma from putting up with Grumbles for years is getting Georgie, it is almost worth it.

I have held back from posting my thoughts on the Tahs conditioning this year but I think its been a huge part of our success. Not much has crept out from HQ about how we've been so physical and why we've had so few injuries, but I suspect that it hasn't been gym work, more that the intensity of training has been so high that the Tahs bodies have toughened up and have got used to the level of physicality required. There were oblique references to "kickboxers kicking bags to toughen their shins" or the like last week. Personally having watched an open training session, it was very close to full match intensity. No one held back anything.

I don't think its been luck that has kept us so injury free this year, its the ongoing intensity of both preseason and in-season physicality that has done it. In that, Cheika has led from the front. He has demanded physicality at both training and matches that has been Crusader-like (pre-2010 Crusader-like). Its much more likely that the player knocked backwards is going to be injured than the player going forward in any individual contest, particularly injuries to knees and ankles, and this is where the physicality has saved us.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
29,000 apparently.

Disappointing that it is our best crowd for the year and still under 30k but at least crowds are heading in the right direction.

Next week if its a sunny Sunday arvo, I think the SFS will be close to a sell-out. Sydney love following a winner.

Status
Not open for further replies.