• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies - Round 8, 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

SammyP

Chris McKivat (8)
As a Brumbies fan I'm very nervous about this one. The loss of Vaea and Pocock is huge, still not sure on Butler's fitness and to be honest I just don't really trust Toua at fullback. I think he's a liability and if Folau is even slightly on song he will run rings around him.
On the upside, I can see Christian and To'omua being on par with Foley and Beale and Cubelli/Phibbs will be a close one too (as long as Cubelli doesn't do any bloody box kicks!) If Tomane gets the ball he will be hard to stop, and TK really needs to get his mojo back.
Brumbies front row trumps the Tahs, as long as Ta'avao is there most teams will.
Definitely a tough one to pick, and pretty crucial for both teams. I know everyone is saying its a must win for the Tahs, but it almost feels that way for the Brumbies too. If they can get up this week I think it will get them back on track.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Brumbies still are a handful for the Tahs without Ita & Poey... Tahs have many things to deal with in their own team... Likely to be close but I'll will back the brumbies by a few...

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
The Brumbies' record in Sydney is dismal. The past has shown that no matter how well the Brumbies are going (or how poorly the Tahs are), a Brumbies win up there is unlikely.

MarkJ

Bob Loudon (25)
In fact they've only won in Sydney twice, and only one of those was at the SFS (the 2002 semi).

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Probably the best outcome in the circumstances. There was mention in the Canberra Times I think that George Smith might be an option again to come in for Ita. Now there's a backrow I'd like to see - Fardy, Pocock, Smith.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
Probably the best outcome in the circumstances. There was mention in the Canberra Times I think that George Smith might be an option again to come in for Ita. Now there's a backrow I'd like to see - Fardy, Pocock, Smith.

Frightening unless you're a Brumbies supporter.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Jeez I know George is an absolute champion - no question, no doubt - one of my all time favourite players

The question for me is, would he still be able to stand the rigors of Super rugby? Sooner or later age catches up to even champions.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Jeez I know George is an absolute champion - no question, no doubt - one of my all time favourite players

The question for me is, would he still be able to stand the rigors of Super rugby? Sooner or later age catches up to even champions.

Suggest you watch a few Wasps matches.

He's been the best player in the Aviva Premiership and that's not just my opinion.

RebelYell

Arch Winning (36)
I don't think George will want to come back.

Rowan Perry to return from Sydney, or even Fotu off the couch?

Brumby Jack

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Brumbies

1. Sio
2. Moore
3. Alexander
4. Arnold
5. Carter
6. Fardy
7. Butler
8. Smiler
9. Cubelli
10. Lealiifano
11. Tomane
12. To'omua
13. Kuridrani
14. Coleman
15. Toua

16. Mann-Rea
17. Ala'alatoa
18. Leulua'iali'i-Makin
19. Staniforth
20. Wells
21. Powell
22. Dargaville
23. Ah-Wong

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tahs

1. Robinson
2. Roach
3. Robertson
4. Mumm
5. Skelton
6. Dempsey
7. Hooper
8. Holloway
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Carrara
12. Beale
13. Folau
14. Robinson
15. Kellaway

16. Hilterbrand
17. Ryan
18. Ta'avao
19. Lousi
20. Palu
21. Dennis
22. Lucas
23. Horwitz

Excited to see Izzy @ 13 finally.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Big shake up of the Tahs team!

I like the change in structure of having one of Dennis and Mumm on the bench and one of Skelton and Lousi starting. Doesn't work to have the two workhorse players at the start and the two looser units at the end. Better to balance it through the match.

Great to see that front row starting. Robinson and Robertson are quite clearly our best scrummagers.

Great to see Kellaway getting a starting debut. He'll certainly be under plenty of pressure.

Phipps, Foley, Beale and Folau opposite Cubelli, Leali'ifano, To'omua and Kuridrani makes for quite the mouth watering matchup.

Jagman

Trevor Allan (34)
Smith would have to play 5 games to be eligible for the finals which I don't think is possible coming from Europe. Still if they don't replace Vaea and another backrower got injured they might be able to apply to SANZAAR for dispensation.

Status
Not open for further replies.