• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Brumbies, SFS Saturday 26 July

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

Corker of a final. Hope the Tahs don't repeat the limp dick efffort they served up last time.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
In spite of the best efforts of Jaco Peyper a rugby game (of sorts) broke out and the 'tahs have managed to win it. Rugby fans can only hope he is not awarded the final next week, it will be a travesty if he does.

He's been inept all season. How he got the match is a mystery. The tackle was rafferty's rules, both sides off their feet all night, both sides a step off side all night, he misses the first infringement almost every time and whistles for the 2nd or 3rd - just a lottery. What it did do was slow the game down - which didn't suit the Waratahs. What grates even more is that Craig Joubert was on the sideline with a flag when he should have had the whistle. SANZAR should have worked out the top 2 refs by now - and clearly Peyper isn't even close to being one of them.

EDIT: Not one penalty for the defensive line being offside in the whole match! Says it all really.

Brumby Runner

David Wilson (68)
Congratulations Tahs. Won that game on the back of their defence. Brumbies would have scored more points against any other team imo but couldn't get through the brick wall tonight. All in all, another very good year for the Brumbies, but could be better in 2015.

Tahs to take the biscuits next week, and will be well deserved after the year they've had. Good portents for the Wallabies with two Aus teams in the final 4.

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
What a match. Fuck the Brumbies played well, so smart, hit the Tahs at every one of our weak points. AND WE SURVIVED!!!!

Probably the best Tahs performance I have seen. How good was Phipps? How good was Hooper?

So annoyed I am stranded in London and can't be in Sydney next week to see us have a crack at the trophy.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Congratulations Tahs. Won that game on the back of their defence. Brumbies would have scored more points against any other team imo but couldn't get through the brick wall tonight. All in all, another very good year for the Brumbies, but could be better in 2015.

Tahs to take the biscuits next week, and will be well deserved after the year they've had. Good portents for the Wallabies with two Aus teams in the final 4.

Brumbies threw everything at us tonight. Both sides would be exhausted after the intensity of that match. Great for Australian rugby that we had 2 sides in the last 4 and the each performed at close to test match intensity for 80 mins.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
EDIT: Not one penalty for the defensive line being offside in the whole match! Says it all really.

Surely that's a touches job.
From my seat White was hammer and pick handles into Leckie but I got the feeling that was counter productive and he's viewed as the little boy who cried wolf.
Peyper was just guessing at the scrums. Woeful.
Taqele Naiyaravoro: what a waste of rugby money. what he did to McCabe isn't even legal in the code he came from. Brainless play: he might learn something from a week off.

FilthRugby

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
As a Queenslander; well done gentlemen below the Tweed.

I'm not going to bore you with my thoughts on a game good of rugby other than pointing out three things, only from the piggies; the backbone of a champion rugby side.

Firstly, Ben Alexander played the best game of footy I've seen from him in a long time, even from a losing side. His first-half scrummaging was excellent.

Secondly, Benn Robinson, the fat cat, the meat pie frequenter, was fucking awesome. Scrum, defence and attack was outstanding from a big fella, well done.

Thirdly, hats off to Stephen Holies. A player whom I've always rated. His support and general play has been outstanding for the Tahs this year.

If the Tahs knock off the Crusaders, it will be a very positive sign for AUS rugby.

Fire up the men in blue, Chubby Cheika.

mudskipper

Colin Windon (37)
Congrats to the Tahs... Great defence, and some luck... Beales school steal was a flash back to his Joeys days...
Saders away at homebush pity its not SFS again... I hope the sky blue lads win one...

Status
Not open for further replies.