• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Bulls, Round 12, 14 May 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
And that's the problem of Aussie conference, the lack of depth. You lose 2 players (Holloway & Beale) and should struggle against one of the worst Bulls side that I can remember

barbarian

Phil Kearns (64)
Staff member
And that's the problem of Aussie conference, the lack of depth. You lose 2 players (Holloway & Beale) and should struggle against one of the worst Bulls side that I can remember

That's rubbish. The Bulls are 6-2-1 and coming off a 40 point win against the Force. They are a good team, and playing well here.

G

galumay

I thought that Phipps try was dodgy. Reckon he was held.

Watching on replay I felt he was clearly not held, there was no one in contact at all when he got up and dived over the line and the play that had attempted to tackle him initially had fallen away and out of contact before he was on the ground.

The fact that it wasnt even reviewed suggests Jackson was confident in his decision.

Still, they are the sort of decision that can go either way, so happy to take the rub of the green there.

G

galumay

That was a quality try, patience, structure, organisation and a good finish.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
That's rubbish. The Bulls are 6-2-1 and coming off a 40 point win against the Force. They are a good team, and playing well here.

Perhaps I was a bit exaggerated but they are far from being a great side. A 40 point win vs Force is something common at Super Rugby, they lost easily against a hurt Brumbies side.

G

galumay

Sheesh, this Bulls defence has been good, seems like the Tahs have spent about 20 minutes in their 22 this half and the Bulls havent given a single penalty away in the 2nd half defending their line (that i can remember!)

G

galumay

hmmm....bit dodgy in the leadup there, but thoroughly deserved by Phipps.

G

galumay

Yeah, but how do the Bulls ever score tries?
Very one dimensional tonight

Based on this game I have no idea! Maybe an intercept and length of the field run? Its got to come from their own line because they have set up a fully serviced camp there!

G

galumay

Delicious double, at almost the same moment the Tahs win with the bonus try and the Aussie 7's win over Eng! Watching one on the TV & the other on the lappy!

G

galumay

Well the Tah's got the job done, Bulls were woeful in attack and stoic in defence. Sadly I suspect all this will do is raise false expectations given the opposition they come against from here on in. As one of the Bush Donkey fans said yesterday, winning the oz conference is probably a poisoned chalice this year anyway! Good team effort from the Tah's, Phipps maybe MoM, but there were a few contenders.

ChargerWA

Mark Loane (55)
Dennis was MOTM for me.

No hand wringing from the Tahs supporters please. A BP win against a decent Bulls side is nothing to be sneezed at.

Have we seen the last of KB (Kurtley Beale) in sky blue?

G

galumay

No hand wringing from the Tahs supporters please. A BP win against a decent Bulls side is nothing to be sneezed at.

I will try! The Bulls were not very challenging opposition though, the only test that matters will come in the next couple of weeks. That Bulls side is one of the worst one we have seen in years, and recent results reflect that.

You are right though, anytime you win at this level with a bonus point then you have got the job done.

I suspect you are right about KB (Kurtley Beale), that didnt look like a low level injury.

Status
Not open for further replies.