• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Crusaders, round 15, Saturday 23 May @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
Secondly: fucking suck it Ruchie. Finally you got another ref who wasn't willing to put up with your bullshit, your whining, and your headshaking as objective assessment, and you got a card you probably should have got for an attempted trip on Hooper earlier in the game.

Mostly this though.

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
If the Wallabies pack can front up like the Tahs did last night from 1-8, we're a damn better chance of getting the Bled back and topping the pool of death.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Thought it a bloody good game, Tahs certainly deserved to win. The Crusaders all year have looked to struggle to play any creative rugby, their one attack option seems to be feed their big fella on the wing and let him run over a few. Still they have had a great run ,and time for a change of style I believe.
Not quite sure who has wound up PFitzy this morning, but I must have missed all the rants by ther kiwis. shit and I'm one. Thought Skelton was ok, probably sailed a little close to the wind once or twice and perhaps could get a ref that doesn't like it in a big game when it could get expensive, but personally I had no great probs, mind you I didn't with Nonu's shoulder against the Reds that Dismal and a few Aussie posters were in tears about.
Mind you I do have to love the fact that Richie still gets such delight when he gets sinbinned, surely means he still got the opposition supporters shitting themselves!!;)
But as I said, I thoroughly enjoyed game, certainly showed how well Horne is playing, Tahs forwards also look the goods, could be the good thing to win Aussie conference, sorry Brumbies fans!!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
It was a bloody good game, D54, and I was thrilled to be there. I pointed out to Pfitzy during the match how much work the Saders do off the ball, at every breakdown those not involved worked their arses off to ensure there was proper structure in attack or defence. Most times the Saders had the ball they outnumbered the Tahs on the flanks but, somehow, couldn't get any go-forward through their midfield. This was one of Deans's saws: he looked for what players did off the ball. After watching the Saders do it so well last night now I understand.

Dismal Pillock

Simon Poidevin (60)
with Nonu's shoulder against the Reds that Dismal and a few Aussie posters were in tears about.

wtf_zpscbdlxcmf.gif

nathan

Darby Loudon (17)
No, let him go on. The keyboard commentator curse.

You're right. The whole if we play better we'll win more theory is wrong.

We're going to fucking suck. I've already said goodbye to the Bled and forget making it past the pool stages in the RWC.

FrankLind

Colin Windon (37)
Toddy is Joe Average as coach, with Kirwan worse.
They need real coaches who have done their time and come through the system.

FFS- Kiwis are in charge of Ireland, Scotland and Wales, but we have these dullards in charge.

Good game by the Tahs and if the Saders pack don't pull finger as ABs we ain't retaining the World Cup nor the Bledisloe.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Franklind, you do know that Toddy was Scotland's forward coach don't you (mind you under under matt Williams so.....), and has done a fair bit of coaching, which shows coming through the system doesn't always make a great coach. Mind you I seem to recall a lot of similar comments when Joseph first took over the Clan, he didn't come through heaps of systems, just learnt to coach! How the hell do you work out that the Crusaders pack being out muscled means the All Blacks will be, think that both teams will supply about 4 members of their respective test forward packs, so doesn't really relate.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
As @Lindommer said above: the same systems for the Crusaders seem to be there in terms of hard work, but the organisation both off the field (not having a replacement back on hand for Dagg) and on field (disrupted midfield when Slade went off, poor scrum, turnovers) make things look bad for Blackadder.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Watched the replay this morning and thought a, it was a good game of footy and b, the Tahs won it in the tough stuff. They really stepped up their physical presence, even if they sailed a bit close to the wind a few times. That said, if you want to beat the Kiwis, Saffers or Poms you can't shirk that stuff. They've all got plenty of mongrel and blokes who can dish a bit out so our teams have to aim up and do the same. I really liked the way the Tahs forwards made an effort to run onto the ball flat to the line and at pace a lot of the time. You just can't beat that as the foundation of your strategy in attack. Likewise they put some massive hits on in defence, Dave Dennis in particular was outstanding. The win was well earned for mine and they are starting to carry some momentum into the finals but have a tough road trip coming up.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
Agree Pfitzy, just seems that Blackadder going through systems hasn't helped, although with Dagg pulling out at last minute, I wondered how teams in general get around these thing happening, they are only allowed a certain number of players on tour with budget constraints I assume so how do teams cover a last minute injury? Genuine question, can anyone tell me?

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Toddy is Joe Average as coach,..........

Yeah, 7 seasons for a mere 6 x SF & 2 x GF appearances, he's clearly shite.

.............if the Saders pack don't pull finger as ABs we ain't retaining the World Cup nor the Bledisloe.

What @Dan54 said: Crusaders will likely supply 4 x starting forwards & 2 or 3 reserves & since when has Super Rugby been any precursor of what'll happen come Test season, much less RWC?

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
While we're all here and paying attention to my brilliance: Dave Dennis was a fucking monster last night too. While Skelton was off doing the niggle, Dave was busting fucking heads with big hits on ball carriers, massive cleanouts, and the sort of general arsekickery you need a skipper to do.

Nominate him for blindside for the Wallabies, and let he and Fardy go head to head on destroying blokes.

Such a unit.

Tough one. He's been killing it as a mobile lock for the Tahs - better than he did as a 6 or 8. However, I'm not convinced that means it transfers to international level, especially not in the back row.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tough one. He's been killing it as a mobile lock for the Tahs - better than he did as a 6 or 8. However, I'm not convinced that means it transfers to international level, especially not in the back row.
It's a testament to the S&C program at the Tahs that Dennis has come back as well as he has from his injury last year. Also to the faith the players have in Cheika, and their willingness to adapt to less familiar positions and work hard to make them their own has been pleasing - Horne at wing, Dennis here. Dennis probably wouldn't let the Wallabies down at lock or 6, but maybe not quite at the top of either list currently. If he keeps this form up, he'd have to be on the radar, especially if some injuries occur.

Status
Not open for further replies.