• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Crusaders, round 15, Saturday 23 May @ Homebush

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slim 293

Stirling Mortlock (74)
So that pushes the Tahs ahead of the Brumbies by 3 points, and despite having to travel to SA they've got a pretty easy run home - Lions, Cheetahs, Reds............

Brumbies have Bulls, Force......... and Crusaders, who they haven't played well against in recent years............

Let's hope the Force can do one over the Highlanders tonight.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Tough game - plenty of physicality there. Tahs lucky to not cop at least one other card, which seemed to upset Kafer immensely.
Pluses - physical defence, better cleanout, scrum good. Crusaders didn't get a BP and we did.
Minuses - discipline needs to be better - just cannot risk cards. Beale still not giving much at 2nd playmaker. Loss of intensity in the 50-70 min period.
Doesn't get any easier next week - Lions in SA.

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
I thought that van der Westhuizen had a fabulous game in very difficult conditions. Both teams were trying to hit as hard as they could and there were a lot of times he could have lost it by either being too lenient or too strict. Got it pretty right I thought. He's one for the future, I think.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
I thought that van der Westhuizen had a fabulous game in very difficult conditions. Both teams were trying to hit as hard as they could and there were a lot of times he could have lost it by either being too lenient or too strict. Got it pretty right I thought. He's one for the future, I think.
Yes, I meant to put that in my post - pretty cool customer in a feisty game, was very clear and used his ARs / TMO well. A good 'un.

Pedrolicus

Dick Tooth (41)
Good win tahs second week in a row that some individual magic from Foley makes it look comfortable.

Tahs looked world class for periods but the last 20 min they looked like they were trying to shut up shop.

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
I can't quite believe I'm thinking this, but if Cheika picked his Tahs wingers for the RC he would be quite entitled to.

Horne should be first choice & I'd have Speight on the other wing. For all his highlight reel play, Naiyaravoro has too many chinks in his armour that could really hurt in big test matches.

Dctarget

John Eales (66)
I was quietly impressed by Foley's clean out work tonight. He's definitely not a push over at ruck time. Generally a lone fly half defending a ruck is a massive target, but he did well.

Also the rest of his game was pretty good, promising signs.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Good win tahs second week in a row that some individual magic from Foley makes it look comfortable.

Tahs looked world class for periods but the last 20 min they looked like they were trying to shut up shop.
I agree. They looked a bit ragged and tired. Crusaders had the momentum, but were making errors too. I think there were a lot of stuffed players out there.

waiopehu oldboy

Stirling Mortlock (74)
"Toddy? Steve here.... y'know, Steve.... Shag..... All Black coach Steve... Yeah, me. OK, so you guys are now officially fucked Super Rugby playoffs-wise so I'd rather like it if you could see your way clear to giving some of my boys a wee rest.... as in all of them, even Dagg who I'm still not sure if I want or not. Thanks, Toddy, always been a big fan of yours, y'know. Ciao for now."

louie

Desmond Connor (43)
Tahs the luckiest of two very pretty limp performances. Neither side made any statements. MC has turns the tahs into a good side without the ball. Just when they have it is a bit of problem!

Tahspark

Ted Thorn (20)
Tahs the luckiest of two very pretty limp performances. Neither side made any statements. MC has turns the tahs into a good side without the ball. Just when they have it is a bit of problem!

You could say that about many of the Tahs' wins this season but they're moving in the right direction on the ladder & giving themselves a shot at defending a title - never easy. I'll also take a 4 tries BP win against the Saders anytime.

scaraby

Ron Walden (29)
Limp? OK. o_O
Seems to be a few disgruntled donkeys s..t sorry brumbies around tonight. Pity the supporters don't share their players class. Hope the said crusaders don't read this and de-limp themselves against the ponies in a couple of weeks.

Status
Not open for further replies.