• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Force, round 1, Sunday 15 February

Status
Not open for further replies.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Will be interesting to see if the Tahs play like they finished last year.

They will be brimming with confidence based on 2014. The Force are no ones easy beats anymore and I expect a spirited display from them.

Tahs are chock full of talent so prediction is Tahs by 20

GaffaCHinO

Peter Sullivan (51)
My force 23

1 Cowan (c)
2 Charles
3 Failkner
4 Wykes
5 Mafi
6 Cottrell
7 Alcock
8 McCalman

9 Alby
10 Sias
11 Morahan
12 Junior
13 Godwin
14 Brache
15 DHP

16 Tessmann
17 van wyke
18 Hoskins
19 Coleman
20 Stander
21 Prior
22 Holmes
23 Burton

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
From what I could tell from the Tahs trial last Friday the only injury concerns would be:

Mitch Chapman - got his nose smashed. Whilst this is a fairly unpleasant injury and could reduce his chances of appearing in the next Just for Men commercial, he should be available this Sunday.

Brendan McKibbin - got knocked out. He regained consciousness pretty quickly and walked off under his own steam, albeit quite groggy. I'd imagine he'll be touch and go with the concussion protocols but it must be fairly likely that he'll sit out this week. That would mean Vasa Faleali'i would be on the bench with a chance to make his debut.

Tatafu Polota-Nau - seemed to finish the game with a minor hamstring niggle. I think he'll probably be fine to play but I guess he could be doubtful.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
I'll be there.

Shall we start this year at the Taphouse or The Clock?

This crowd had better be north of 30,000 after the way we finished last year. Bandwagon should be rolling like a mofo. Only thing that will fuck it is great beach weather, but the forecast looks kind of Autumnish for now.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
I'll be there.

Shall we start this year at the Taphouse or The Clock?

This crowd had better be north of 30,000 after the way we finished last year. Bandwagon should be rolling like a mofo. Only thing that will fuck it is great beach weather, but the forecast looks kind of Autumnish for now.

Hopefully the supporters will come in droves, Anything under 30,000 will be a slap in the face for the team and its administrators

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
It would be great to get 30,000 people but there's surely a bit of hyperbole suggesting that anything other than the biggest regular season home crowd they've had for a couple of seasons will be a failure or a slap in the face for administrators.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
It's a slow news day, so here is my Tahs 23 fro Saturday

1. Robinson
2. Polota Nau
3. Kepu
4. Dennis
5. Skelton
6. Potgieter
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Beale
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Naiyaravoro
15. Folau

16. Ryan
17. Latu
18. Tilse
19. Chapman
20. Hoiles
21. McKibbon (if out due to concussion, then Faleali'i)
22. Lance
23. Cararro

Not Picked
Roach
Betham (1st week back from injury)
Holloway
Faleali'i (assuming McKibbon is ok to play)
Horwitz
Kellaway
Volavola
Ala'alatoa

If they run with the above, that is a mighty strong looking lineup.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Seems like a pretty likely 23 to me.

Carraro dropped a couple of balls in the trial and didn't look amazing so I wouldn't be surprised if he misses out on a bench spot. Cheika could be tempted to put Kellaway on the bench and hand him a debut at the start of the season.

Holloway has looked excellent so he could sneak in ahead of Hoiles potentially.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
You'd have to favour the Tahs in this one, given their list, form and riding the wave of 2014. I think our boys won't let them have it easy and will need to collect at least a point. The lack of bonus points killed us last year. Should be a pretty willing battle in the pigs, but I think the Tahs class out wide will win it for them.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Seems like a pretty likely 23 to me.

Carraro dropped a couple of balls in the trial and didn't look amazing so I wouldn't be surprised if he misses out on a bench spot. Cheika could be tempted to put Kellaway on the bench and hand him a debut at the start of the season.

Holloway has looked excellent so he could sneak in ahead of Hoiles potentially.

The 2 things that jumped into mind for me were, does Cheika get Holloway in the action now and start blooding him over a chapman type player, and does Cheika get Betham back in quicker than expected. Also, with Naiyaravoro seemingly a done deal in Edinburgh if other posts are correct, does Cheika pass him over and get someone like a Kellaway type on the deck sooner rather then later to get some game experience in preparation for 2016?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
It's a slow news day, so here is my Tahs 23 fro Saturday

1. Robinson
2. Polota Nau
3. Kepu
4. Dennis
5. Skelton
6. Potgieter
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Beale
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Naiyaravoro
15. Folau

16. Ryan
17. Latu
18. Tilse
19. Chapman
20. Hoiles
21. McKibbon (if out due to concussion, then Faleali'i)
22. Lance
23. Cararro

Not Picked
Roach
Betham (1st week back from injury)
Holloway
Faleali'i (assuming McKibbon is ok to play)
Horwitz
Kellaway
Volavola
Ala'alatoa

If they run with the above, that is a mighty strong looking lineup.
I reckon the 3 backs bench players you nominated were all ordinary at best,last week.
There is a substantial drop in quality from the starters to the bench ATM.
In particular,if Phipps goes down,we are in big trouble.
I would much prefer Holloway than Hoiles as well,but I think Hoiles will get the nod this week.
I am expecting Foley to give the big winger a thorough investigation this week,it could more than likely define his season, one way or other.

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Does anyone know who the 2nd half was in the gen blue game. Certainly didn't look like Faleali'i. I liked the look of him alot!

Horwitz could be a smokey for the bench inside back spot, he was pretty good in the Gen Blue game i thought, might also be a chance to blood him in.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Horwitz could be a smokey for the bench inside back spot, he was pretty good in the Gen Blue game i thought, might also be a chance to blood him in.

With Beale in the team, it is overkill, a winger & centre is more likely

Status
Not open for further replies.