• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Force, round 1, Sunday 15 February

Status
Not open for further replies.
M

Moono75

My force 23

1 Cowan (c)
2 Charles
3 Failkner
4 Wykes
5 Mafi
6 Cottrell
7 Alcock
8 McCalman

9 Alby
10 Sias
11 Morahan
12 Junior
13 Godwin
14 Brache
15 DHP

16 Tessmann
17 van wyke
18 Hoskins
19 Coleman
20 Stander
21 Prior
22 Holmes
23 Burton

Would like to see a speedster on the bench such as Nikoro or Scott. We could use a shifty back that can stretch teams out wide and they have great acceleration from standing start.

M

Moono75

It's a slow news day, so here is my Tahs 23 fro Saturday

1. Robinson
2. Polota Nau
3. Kepu
4. Dennis
5. Skelton
6. Potgieter
7. Hooper
8. Palu
9. Phipps
10. Foley
11. Horne
12. Beale
13. Ashley-Cooper
14. Naiyaravoro
15. Folau

16. Ryan
17. Latu
18. Tilse
19. Chapman
20. Hoiles
21. McKibbon (if out due to concussion, then Faleali'i)
22. Lance
23. Cararro

Not Picked
Roach
Betham (1st week back from injury)
Holloway
Faleali'i (assuming McKibbon is ok to play)
Horwitz
Kellaway
Volavola
Ala'alatoa

If they run with the above, that is a mighty strong looking lineup.

Where'd they find these clowns. Never heard of them. Must be a bunch of rag tag second stringers thrown together :rolleyes:

Hans

Fred Wood (13)
Jock Merriman,he played well didn't he?

If that is the unknown half, then i like the way he plays. Some seriously zippy service from the back of the ruck, and not much sideways movement, just fast ball. Wouldn't be disappointed if he gets a trot at some point this season.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The 2 things that jumped into mind for me were, does Cheika get Holloway in the action now and start blooding him over a chapman type player, and does Cheika get Betham back in quicker than expected. Also, with Naiyaravoro seemingly a done deal in Edinburgh if other posts are correct, does Cheika pass him over and get someone like a Kellaway type on the deck sooner rather then later to get some game experience in preparation for 2016?

I think Holloway will get a fair bit of game time this year but I also think Chapman is likely to be a consistent member of the 23. I don't think Chapman will start missing out purely under a youth policy.

I also think Naiyaravoro will play a lot this year regardless of where he is playing next year. If Cheika views him as a starting player, he'll start. Unless Betham looks red hot in training he might have a bit of trouble pushing his way back into the side.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
Holloway also needs to lay of the recreational substances and work his arse off. Big, pacy, skilled. Could be anything.

Forcefield

Ken Catchpole (46)
Force have never won a season opening game and that's a record that is unlikely to get broken. Any kind of bonus point would be a victory.

M

Moono75

wow....this thread is a very very very slow burn this year. We just need a choice comment or two to ignite an explosive powder keg of flying vitriolic banter.

Jeez the Tahs jersey is a pasty faded powder puff blue piece of rag.

Woooohhhhh ITS ON! 5 days to go.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
I'll be there with Family (love a 4pm kickoff). I'll be sitting in GA - Paddington end. Probably can't do drinks before though - in laws birthday.

tahs by 3

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Oh well, if the enForcers have made the effort to fly over and start proceedings at The Clock the least we can do is humour them before we wallop them. :cool: I'm for The Clock.

hench

Johnnie Wallace (23)
wow..this thread is a very very very slow burn this year. We just need a choice comment or two to ignite an explosive powder keg of flying vitriolic banter.

Jeez the Tahs jersey is a pasty faded powder puff blue piece of rag.

Woooohhhhh ITS ON! 5 days to go.

The game all Australians care about is Friday night anyway.

Too obvious?

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
The game all Australians care about is Friday night anyway.

Too obvious?

Yeah nah, if the ponies continue being box kick and cynical penalty kings it will be just be a dire drudge, the better Friday night game will be the Crusaders

But In Sydney on Sunday we get to see the 2014 super rugby champions move the ball to find space and have a go. Win or lose watching a side attack with gusto and positive rugby is my preference

Too obvious?

Sent from my Nexus 4 using Tapatalk

Status
Not open for further replies.