• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs V Force - Superugby Rd 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

AngrySeahorse

Peter Sullivan (51)
Won't happen unless the board itself is sacked, which given the crowd turnout and the likely crowd turnout from here on in after performances like that may not be as unlikely as it sounds. I am surprised that nobody has really commented on the very poor turnout. It is too easy to blame it all on the rain.

What was the crowd number?

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
I guess the Tah fan who in proffessional sport is also a consumer was not happy with the product they parted with their hard earned to go and see has every right to express dis-satisfaction in the product they paid for.

Personally I would support my team thick and thin (as I do) and admire the commitment you show your team WJ but it isn't right to hold everybody to that same standard.

W

Waylon

How do you like your humble pie Force bashers?

The Tahs were rubbish. I was actually embarrased for the paying public

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
That includes you right? (Force basher)

I'm worried about what this does for Richard Graham, he better not think he achieved something but the Force didn't show much tbh.

Gnostic

Mark Ella (57)

I don't know, but given the size of the SFS it was near enough to empty so that on every shot of the stands there were more empty seats than filled. So bad perhaps that Fox didn't broadcast the crowd figure that I can recall.

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Well...didn't see that result coming, that's for sure.Well done to the Force for playing to their limited strengths and hanging in there. I watched the whole game waiting for the inevitable Tah breakaway and it just didn't happen. Seemed like Barnes was the only one trying to play attacking footy for the Tah's in the second half, and you could see his frustration that his runners just weren't there. Thought Timani was good when he came on as well.

Plenty of guys stood up for the Force. Apart from the usual suspects Wykes looked good, Cotrell is a bit of a find, thought Cowan stood up, and Mafi was the best of the backs. Harvey will be well pleased with his debut but he really is going to need some extra work with a sprint coach, looked like he was in slomo at times. Solid debut from Tupou, nice hit on Horne.

cyclopath

George Smith (75)
Staff member
Well, the Force attack might have been stunted, but at least they had the sense to work out how to get the Tahs to revert to type. Force game was pretty simple, but done quite well. Good set piece, good ruck work, good defence.
They desperately need a good pivot and with that some better attacking nous. With a bit of that, they would be a real threat to most teams.

W

Waylon

RG is toilet

I still support the team whether they play as bad as the Tahs or not

With the amount of ball the Force had and considering how bad the Tahs were, the Force should have put 50 points on them

The team attack is limited

W

Waylon

Well...didn't see that result coming, that's for sure.Well done to the Force for playing to their limited strengths and hanging in there. I watched the whole game waiting for the inevitable Tah breakaway and it just didn't happen. Seemed like Barnes was the only one trying to play attacking footy for the Tah's in the second half, and you could see his frustration that his runners just weren't there. Thought Timani was good when he came on as well.

Plenty of guys stood up for the Force. Apart from the usual suspects Wykes looked good, Cotrell is a bit of a find, thought Cowan stood up, and Mafi was the best of the backs. Harvey will be well pleased with his debut but he really is going to need some extra work with a sprint coach, looked like he was in slomo at times. Solid debut from Tupou, nice hit on Horne.

Yeah looking at Harvey, it's apparent he has all the skills but has never been picked up due to a noticeable lack of pace. He might make a good 10 for the Force though.

mark_s

Chilla Wilson (44)
Crowd was announced as 15000 at the ground. Frustrating game, well done to the force I guesss. I don't know what else to say right now

spectator

Bob Davidson (42)
Yeah looking at Harvey, it's apparent he has all the skills but has never been picked up due to a noticeable lack of pace. He might make a good 10 for the Force though.
Yeah, he looked good at first receiver late in the game. Stick him at 10 and put Mafi at the back, he is the one Force back that has looked to have a bit of zing in the games I've watched this year.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
That was a hard game to watch as a Tahs fan. Kudos to the Force for the win. They played as well as expected. Any other team with so much possession would have at least had a 4 try bonus point win. It was frustrating to see the Tahs kick the ball away when the finally got it back from the Force with no real intent to regain possession from the kicks. Didn't look like much of a game plan out there.

Discipline also seems to be ongoing issue with the number of penalties conceded this season to date.

The Tahs can pretty much kiss any notions of a home final goodbye. They'll need a big turnaround to make the finals anyway.

Brumbies Guy

John Solomon (38)
RG is toilet

I still support the team whether they play as bad as the Tahs or not

With the amount of ball the Force had and considering how bad the Tahs were, the Force should have put 50 points on them

The team attack is limited

They had 4% more ball and you're still not happy after a massive upset because they didn't put that extra 4% ball into another 8 or so trys? Really? I think you're hate for RG is really getting in the way of supporting your team; surely you can at least enjoy the win for the night? They played well.

M

Moono75

Hey did you see what happened tonight. We won.....and we put the Tahs in the toilet for the year....hahhahahhahhahaaa

Badger

Bill McLean (32)

The official crowd number was 14,673. They didn't announce it until the closing stages of the game which was unusual...maybe someone was doing a recount. ;)

They weren't expecting a big crowd as they were offering $10 general admission tickets during the week.

After what the Tahs served up, a fair few won't be returning too soon.

Sully

Tim Horan (67)
Staff member
Tigerland. I enjoyed the game a lot! Even though I tipped the Tahs I thought it was a danger game for them. I know I know very easy to say after the fact. Great work western Force it was great to see some movement in the back line.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom