• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Highlanders, semi-final, Saturday 27 June

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
As of 2.00pm today, they still hadn't opened up the top tier of the Paddington side (I like bays 47 & 53 up there, decent view and dry)

Jamie

Watty Friend (18)
Don't know if this helps however I just bought some tickets and the Pax # was 25903, 04, 05 etc...

ShtinaTina

Alex Ross (28)
hi everyone,

long time reader first time poster.

just wanted to point out that the semi final also falls on the same day as the lovely Shtinas 24th birthday as well. so its actually 2 huge events

if the thread title could be altered and everyone could include some well wishes in there posts. she didn't want to make a big deal but hey, you don't turn 24 every year of your life.

for those buying presents, her favourite colour is lilac and she really likes artificial roses. (she doesn't like real ones, wilting flowers remind her of Chris Hickeys coaching reign)

to all a good night.

WJ.

Oh you WJ!! Haha. Though there are some inaccuracies in your post, Blue is my favourite colour and I accept fresh & artificial flowers. Chris Hickey, who was he again? :rolleyes:
But thank you for attempting to get the thread name changed, it's like you're a man of the people since you ran that match ball out.

That's incredible, she doesn't look a day over 21!

And for that #1 Tah, you get an extra high five when I see you :)

boyo

Mark Ella (57)
The Tahs need this:-
ImageProxy.mvc

But do nothing illegal because Sopoaga is a sharp-shooter.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Saturday's pre-match beers and feed at The Clock, I have some good news and some bad news.

Bad news: there's been major water damage from the roof with all the recent rain and the first floor's not available, including the area previously allocated to the Sydney G&GR Brigade.

Good news: they've managed to squeeze us onto two trestle tables in the ground floor bar. Which answers Bh's concern for a nearby TV to keep an eye on the Canes/Ponies match from 5:00pm.

But wait, there's more: the whisky bar's open on Saturday night, we can either celebrate or drown our sorrows post-match.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
That's a big loss particularly as it would seem that Carraro has only been training in a limited capacity as well.

M

Moono75

Waratahs v Highlanders
Allianz Stadium, Sydney
Saturday 27th June, 7.55pm AEST

1. Brendon Edmonds
2. Liam Coltman
3. Josh Hohneck
4. Alex Ainley
5. Mark Reddish
6. Elliot Dixon
7. James Lentjes
8. Nasi Manu (co-Captain)
9. Aaron Smith
10. Lima Sopoaga
11. Patrick Osborne
12. Richard Buckman
13. Malakai Fekitoa
14. Waisake Naholo
15. Ben Smith (co-Captain)

Reserves:
16. Ash Dixon
17. Daniel Lienert-Brown
18. Ross Geldenhuys
19. Joe Wheeler
20. Gareth Evans
21. Fumiaki Tanaka
22. Trent Renata
23. Shaun Treeby

Lentjes in to replace Dan Pryor after his dislocated elbow against the Chiefs. Joe Wheeler in for Joe Latta and Trent Renata comes onto the bench for Marty Banks who is out due to concussion protocols.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
The Tahs have to smash their pack, particularly the tight five where I think we've got a substantial advantage.

The loss of Pryor is also substantial given the form he's been in. I'm surprised Gareth Evans isn't starting.

The_Brown_Hornet

John Eales (66)
Yep, agree on having to smash the Highlanders pack. They basically have to do to the Clan what they did to the Canes earlier in the year -- really step up the physical confrontation, harass and deny the space in the mid field and be very accurate at the breakdown and with the boot. Any sniff of broken field running opportunity and those Highlanders outside backs will tear you a new one.

Status
Not open for further replies.