• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Jaguares, Round 16 - Saturday 8 July, Allianz Stadium

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
NSW Waratahs Team
NO.
POSITION
NAME
LOOSEHEAD PROP
Tom Robertson
HOOKER
Tolu Latu
TIGHTHEAD PROP
Sekope Kepu
LEFT LOCK
Ned Hanigan
RIGHT LOCK
Dean Mumm
LEFT FLANKER
Jack Dempsey
RIGHT FLANKER
Michael Hooper ©
NUMBER EIGHT
Michael Wells
SCRUMHALF
Jake Gordon
FLYHALF
Bernard Foley
LEFT WING
Cam Clark
INSIDE CENTRE
David Horwitz
OUTSIDE CENTRE
Rob Horne
RIGHT WING
Bryce Hegarty
FULLBACK
Israel Folau
REPLACEMENTS:

RESERVE
Damien Fitzpatrick
RESERVE
Paddy Ryan
RESERVE
Angus Taavao
RESERVE
David McDuling
RESERVE
Ryan McCauley
RESERVE
Matt Lucas
RESERVE
Taqele Naiyaravoro
RESERVE
Andrew Kellaway

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Sadly I won't be at Moore Park on Saturday, first Tahs' home match I've missed for decades. But, I will be watching the other Tahs in Wagga; a reunion of players from the 70s beckons.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
If anyone wants tickets, DM me. Got 10 free from Subbies that nobody has taken up. We're home this weekend anyway so I'll be hosting Oatley Saturday to watch ABs v Lions then Tahs.

Micheal

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
Wheres Holloway?

Really excited about Hanigan back at lock - if he can excel there that gets Dempsey on the park and provides some answers for the Tahs next season.

Plus I don't feel he's dynamic enough for six long term, lock could suit him well.

Twoilms

Trevor Allan (34)
Wheres Holloway?

Really excited about Hanigan back at lock - if he can excel there that gets Dempsey on the park and provides some answers for the Tahs next season.

Plus I don't feel he's dynamic enough for six long term, lock could suit him well.

Dempsey has been pretty underwhelming in his limited opportunities this year.

wamberal

Phil Kearns (64)
First time ever I have not heard of a player in the Waratahs' (or NSW) team.

Who the cufk is Ryan McCauley?

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
I'm not convinced by McCauley yet but I think he did well at the Under 20 World Champs.

Was good at set piece and certainly has increased his ball running and passing skills compared to what I had seen previously.

upthereds#!

Ken Catchpole (46)
Our 2nd rows played like very tall but underweight players. Not making the impact plays. Guys of a similar weight were playing no.8 but 6 inches shorter..lot more mass in a denser, more mobile package.

I.Rodda put on 8kg of lean mass post U20 to end up being a verry good prospect at 204cm and 120kgs. These guys hopefully will do the same

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Tolu Latu has been ruled out due to personal reasons.

Presumably Hugh Roach will be added to the bench with Damien Fitzpatrick starting.

21mmstuds

Stan Wickham (3)
Gibson was watching Rats v Wicks last Saturday, with 5-6 Tahs on show, Jones gets MotM and can't get a bench spot?

Hawko

Tony Shaw (54)
The whole team has turned into a clusterfuck.
  1. We sure do have a mobile back five. If we were playing sevens it might work, but this is 15's and we are going to get knocked into the stratosphere every time we enter the collision zone. We do not have anyone who can bend the line in close except for Kepu.
  2. God help us when the first scrum occurs. The scrum's power comes from the second row and our locks are actually converted sixes and both of them have played LHL not THL.
  3. Then our back 5 benchies are both loose head locks too!
  4. Then we've got Hegarty chosen over Taqele and Kellaway and while he might have been MOM against the Wild Knights this is Super Rugby. Gibson does not understand the role that power plays in the modern game. Without it, all the speed, endurance and skill will come to nothing.
I have a bad feeling about this game.

Status
Not open for further replies.