• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Reds Rnd 1 2016

Status
Not open for further replies.

Marcelo

Ken Catchpole (46)
Can you watch the Super Rugby games on live in Japan?

a65078eb95ac2c06a98f780a5b51b033.jpg

Attachments

• uploadfromtaptalk1456678543390.jpg
    uploadfromtaptalk1456678543390.jpg
    71 KB · Views: 191

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
A bit hard on Fatcat, he went off with a head knock & blood not long after coming on (Ta’avao also had a broken nose and a head knock)

Tilse on the other hand .........

I'd much rather Tilse than those two. Ta'avao was very ordinary. Beaten in the scrums and two penalties with ball in hand (holding on). Stop dying your hair mate and sort out your scrum!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

blindsider

Billy Sheehan (19)
This was the Beale's tackle. It's like a League tackle, not very technical but with the right attitude:

Got the job done. If you really want to make that tackle and put your bahdi on the line you will, good technique or not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Reactions: gel

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
This was the Beale's tackle. It's like a League tackle, not very technical but with the right attitude:

Beale clearly should have been penalised and a penalty try awarded, He deliberately didn't release, Yellow Card as well. Just another shit decision by a sub standard referee

However KB (Kurtley Beale)'s tackle was a beauty and showed he has plenty of ticker.

Tahs deserved to win - no question

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
So, those last few scrums.

Firstly, we have the reserve LHP for QLD (Fa'agaase?) folding like a cheap table but Ryan get penalised.

Subsequently, Greg Holmes loses his inside bind on the hooker (Ready?) and twists outwards, but Tilse gets a card, despite doing nothing wrong.

Gardner was playing square-upsies so hard those last few scrums it was painful.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Beale clearly should have been penalised and a penalty try awarded, He deliberately didn't release, Yellow Card as well. Just another shit decision by a sub standard referee

Desperate.

You'll need to watch another video or match vid, but Beale takes CFS to ground, is never holding the ball and releases CFS as he stands up.
Meanwhile Phipps - who Neville completely misses in a clear out - is immediately over the ball. CFS doesn't release.

Excellent play by both Phipps and Beale

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
So, those last few scrums.

Firstly, we have the reserve LHP for QLD (Fa'agaase?) folding like a cheap table but Ryan get penalised.

Subsequently, Greg Holmes loses his inside bind on the hooker (Ready?) and twists outwards, but Tilse gets a card, despite doing nothing wrong.

Gardner was playing square-upsies so hard those last few scrums it was painful.

Lol!

Fishing.jpg

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Desperate.

You'll need to watch another video or match vid, but Beale takes CFS to ground, is never holding the ball and releases CFS as he stands up.
Meanwhile Phipps - who Neville completely misses in a clear out - is immediately over the ball. CFS doesn't release.

Meanwhile Phipps - who Neville completely misses in a clear out - is immediately over the ball, with one knee and both his hands on the ground.

Fixed that for you. ;)

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Meanwhile Phipps - who Neville completely misses in a clear out - is immediately over the ball, with one knee and both his hands on the ground.

Fixed that for you. ;)

New levels of desperate - but that is running through most of this thread

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
New levels of desperate - but that is running through most of this thread

Desperate? Meh. You suggested watching match vid, so I did. It shows what I said it shows. The vid is here:

Skip to about 27:30 and have a look. Or don't. I don't care. We shouldn't even be discussing it because CFS should've scored that try.

Scrubber2050

Mark Ella (57)
Desperate.

Looks like Beale did release him - at least after the penalty was given
Desperate.

Jeez watch that video and there is NO WAY Beale released him - except AFTER the tackle was well and trully over

Congrats to KB (Kurtley Beale) for a great tackle - thumbs down to a sub standard ref and assistant.

Gagger

Nick Farr-Jones (63)
Staff member
Jeez watch that video and there is NO WAY Beale released him - except AFTER the tackle was well and trully over

And that's a penalty try is it, as per your first post? Laughable.

Actually, whether or not Beale let go of CFS or not is irrelevant as he doesn't stop CFS from placing/playing the ball. (if Beale had been holding onto CFS's foot, would that have mattered? No)

The person who does stop that is Phipps who is over the top of him before either Neville or the Reds 8 arrives. How the f*ck were the Reds deadset to score a try in that situation?

The penalty against CFS is for Phipps being hands on, not Beale. Phipps' knee crouches onto CFS when Neville goes flying over the top and then holds onto Phipps' foot while he's then on the ground.

Summary
The scene is simple - CFS gets tackled and isolated by Beale and Phipps' good work. The Reds botch a try and then are miles off the pace in support and poor at the cleanout (a second row on a 9 FFS!).

And yet you two bleat about inconsequential/imagined technicalities.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
I sincerely hope Cam is a better forwards coach than Andrew.

No he isn't. And yes, alarm bells should be ringing.

This is a return to the failed policy of having Australian front rowers who were dished up at both international and provincial level coach the next generation. It hasn't worked before, so I fail to see how it will work now.

Reactions: gel

Ash

Michael Lynagh (62)
Summary
The scene is simple - CFS gets tackled and isolated by Beale and Phipps' good work. The Reds botch a try and then are miles off the pace in support and poor at the cleanout (a second row on a 9 FFS!).

And yet you two bleat about inconsequential/imagined technicalities.

Fantastic tackle by Beale, awful work by CFS, it's pretty clear that Phipps was not on his feet. The video is right there: Phipps straight down off his feet, on the tackler, pushes himself up using the tackler, and hinges over the top, never releases the tackler either. Good effort to be there by Phipps, but it was not even close to legal. Didn't affect the result of the game.

Can we all please move on now?

I like to watch

David Codey (61)
The Reds played to the low level everyone expected.
The Tahs took their foot off their throat,once they had a comfortable lead.
Dodgy ref calls didn't change the result.
I can't see the Reds winning the cripple fight next week.
Unless the Tahs improve dramatically,they will be embarrassed next week.
Lots of improvement required by both teams.

Status
Not open for further replies.