• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v Stormers, rd 13 Super Rugby 2013

Status
Not open for further replies.

Pfitzy

George Gregan (70)
And does anyone know why he defended at hooker on Stormers lineout throws? (with TPN at half and Lucas defending at 5/8.)

Probably because - as Cheik said in the presser - Barnes had only trained five days with the team as a bench player. The 5m channel is therefore the best place to put him, while the blind winger goes into 10 and Lucas (the half) drops back on the wing. From there, TPN can watch the lineout, pick up the scraps and set ball, or hit the maul hard. He can also sweep to the back with Hooper and cut off the inside ball off the flyhalf.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Probably because - as Cheik said in the presser - Barnes had only trained five days with the team as a bench player. The 5m channel is therefore the best place to put him, while the blind winger goes into 10 and Lucas (the half) drops back on the wing. From there, TPN can watch the lineout, pick up the scraps and set ball, or hit the maul hard. He can also sweep to the back with Hooper and cut off the inside ball off the flyhalf.
I'll take your word for it. I can understand TPM and Lucas swapping hooker and half, not quite sure what the multiple switch adds.

Rebel rouser

Ted Fahey (11)
JdV gave the Tahs a big compliment.
"This team is playing for something bigger than just the team or just rugby games," he said. "They're much more committed to the cause and to the team.
"I won't say it's a better team than in the past. I won't say they've got much better players, but the willingness to do well, and to play for each other and to get results is there."

I've actually not heard a lot of JdV's interviews, but I was impressed with his post-match interview last night. He seemed gracious, well spoken and insightful both about his own team and the Tahs.

Just don't ever let any saffer fan know that I said that.

Rassie

Trevor Allan (34)
I've actually not heard a lot of JdV's interviews, but I was impressed with his post-match interview last night. He seemed gracious, well spoken and insightful both about his own team and the Tahs.

Just don't ever let any saffer fan know that I said that.
That is JdV and that why he was selected as captain as well. The manner he speaks to referees and the in the interviews as well as his leadership qualities on the field. Sadly some of my own countryman do not see that.

FOr the game. I don't know. It is like going to a club picking up a girl to find out the end of the night its a man. That is how it felt watching this. Disappointing from the Stormers but you are only as good as your opponents allowed you to be. Then congrats to the Tah's in shutting them down and dictating the game.

Inside Shoulder

Nathan Sharpe (72)
Why did Foley play in the same spot then?

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Cheika gives a fucking great presser. Every question he gives you something a little out of the ordinary. Even the last one on Rob Horne and the salary cap (not sure if that was in the video), he gave a really interesting insight into negotiation and reconfiguring of salaries and incentives.

I am always impressed to see how a journo can get near 400 words out of a couple of comments

http://www.smh.com.au/rugby-union/s...trong-priority-for-cheika-20130512-2jg6q.html

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
I'd like to see Skelton vs Etzebeth.

There are some thoroughly unlikeable characters in that stormers squad - the likes of their 2 locks really get my back up.... always at stuff off the ball, and incredibly smug - even when they are losing all across the field...

Etzbeth to me is a cheap-shot merchant in the mould of Schalke Burgher...

JDV is the only one I would Feed....

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
If you are going to insult people have the decency to check the spelling of their names.

No - I would need to respect him to bother with the spell check - I don't.

Oh - and its not an insult - its a straight observation... and not a new one - people have been making that observation for years.

PaarlBok

Rod McCall (65)
Congrats to the Tahs supporters with their teams won. Deservely the best team on the day. Stormers have a massive mountain to climb from here and will have to dug deep. Vermeulens injury is a massive blow.

Hell West & Crooked

Alex Ross (28)
Go and watch the first few minutes of the last Lions tour to SA (If I recall the occassion correctly) and have a look at the eye gouge - for which he was cited - and then... just have a look at the rest of his career... please do not pretend you are unaware of this - it serves you no credit - the rest of the rugby world are very well aware, and he is called on it during games often enough even for you to notice it.

correction - that Lions incident was the first few minutes of the 2nd test - i think he got 8 weeks for that little bit of work...

Status
Not open for further replies.