• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v the Bye, Rd9

Status
Not open for further replies.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
A few eyes will be on how Cheika plays this one, knowing he will be desperate for the 4 points. He will still manage to blame the ref for allowing the opposition to slow down the breakdown so the Tahs couldn't get a bonus point.

We won't be likely to see AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper) pass a ball this week either.

Hopefully we see TPN get through a round without a knockout, but no guarantees.

How will Growden manage to fit Horne in his team of the week?

How will Gagger fit Izzy in his team of the week?

with no tahs games, what will the Fairfax press have to write about? Can they attend a few training runs to generate some story lines?

apologies for the tongue in cheek post, but frankly I'd rather watch a Tahs bye than watch what they dished up last year.

Scoey

Tony Shaw (54)
Their stats this weekend will be interesting. I am expecting the work rate of most to go down although some players may maintain their level of work - it will be interesting to see how this affects them. Their biggest problem lately though has been too many errors. I am expecting a big improvement in this area and will go out on a limb and say that they will concede 0 turn overs, 0 dropped balls and concede 0 penalties. This will be a big shift in the right direction if they can pull it off.

terry j

Ron Walden (29)
This will be a big shift in the right direction if they can pull it off.

But some things will remain the same...few tries, breaks not made or converted, no doubt nothing better than a draw or no result will eventuate.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Might as well tip the perrennial underperformers The Bye.

Having missed most tips last round, it seems the only way to get the Tahs across the line is to tip against them.

A snout "close to the centre" has promised that there will be no "dribbly little grubber kicks" or silly chip and chases this weekend after the Riot Act was read out to them in the Wellington Airport departure lounge.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Hopefully Sekope Kepu and Wycliff Palu to both play about half a game each (certainly no more for Palu), Luke Holmes to play most of a game.

TPN is in between. I'd consider getting him to play half a game of club rugby.

Not sure I'd be sending anyone else back to club rugby who has been in the starting 22 in the last couple of weeks.

Everyone else should go and play club rugby though.

rugbysmartarse

Alan Cameron (40)
It was great to see TPN at Parramatta, and out at the post match functions with the team. The difference between a true club man and an assigned club man. The only other club promoter I can think of is Drew Mitchell for Balmain. Any others?

Status
Not open for further replies.