• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs v the Bye, Rd9

Status
Not open for further replies.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Israel Folou is doing wonders for recruiting Juniors at Uni. He has taken a load of work off Archie's Dad in this area, enabling the pair of them to really concentrate on ramping up Uni's Junior Development programme.

Quick Hands

David Wilson (68)
Israel Folou is doing wonders for recruiting Juniors at Uni. He has taken a load of work off Archie's Dad in this area, enabling the pair of them to really concentrate on ramping up Uni's Junior Development programme.

ah, what a wasted opportunity to get some traction in Sydney's west. Sometime's opportunities like this don't come again.

What a sad and depressing lack of foresight by those charged with running the game.

Dan54

Tim Horan (67)
I think the secret to this game is making sure Tahs win toss, and kick off, bloody hard to beat tie when they kick off for some reason!!

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
Israel Folau is doing wonders for recruiting juniors at Uni.

Nice to hear of those young lads (and lasses) improving their minds at Darlington Tech. Wonder what courses they're enrolled in.

Seriously, I thought universities were places where smart people went to AFTER they'd left secondary school. I know there are some very gifted youngsters who're allowed to attend university before the generally accepted entry age of 17 or 18, and it's heartening to read Sydney University have somehow managed to fashion a couple of rugby teams out of their talented lot.

Hugh Jarse

Rocky Elsom (76)
Staff member
Sydney University District (as it relates to SJRU and NSW JRU State Championships) encompasses Canterbury JRU, Petersham JRU and Balmain JRU according to their web site.
http://www.sydneyunirugby.com.au/the-club/juniors.html
IIRC Balmain JRU is a "new club". IF and BB must have been useful recruiting tools for this "new club".

I note that Drew Mitchell is officially registered with Balmain according to the Tahs programme (but plays with Randwick sometimes - wonder how that works).

Balmain JRU must be special being able to call on 3 players of BB, DM, IF calibre to support their junior programme, plus any one of the other 25 Super Rugby (+EPS) players at their parent District club. http://www.sydneyunirugby.com.au/the-club/rep-players.html
Mind you only 13 of them have the week off from Super Rugby games this weekend.

USARugger

John Thornett (49)
ah, what a wasted opportunity to get some traction in Sydney's west. Sometime's opportunities like this don't come again.

What a sad and depressing lack of foresight by those charged with running the game.

Especially considering the Western Sydney Suburbs have been mentioned explicitly multiple times by these same people as areas of note for expansion of Rugby.

On a lighter note this thread literally made my day if not my week. I could not stop laughing for a while and my girlfriend who doesn't know the difference between a cut-out pass and her own ass now thinks I'm a lunatic after asking my why I was laughing.

Lindommer

Steve Williams (59)
Staff member
I won't be laughing, USAR, if the bye drinks manage to get a bigger rollup than my pissup the following week. :(

JSRF10

Dick Tooth (41)
Nice to see the Bye have brought some lovely sunshine with them, given the expected attendance of zero, we can only assume that its the Tahs less than glamorous opponents causing all the terrible attendances!

Status
Not open for further replies.