• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Drua - Saturday 20 May 2023

KOB1987

Rod McCall (65)
Only because he barely looks like a back rower. Looks like an AFL full forward
I still maintain he will be a late bloomer. Maybe even after RWC27, when he’ll still only be 26 mind you. He’s one of those players who will just grind away and slowly improve.

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
Annoying when the ref decides they'll call one type of infringement only. Tahs getting pinged (and fair enough, no issue) but many other infringements are just waved on - cleaning players flying off feet repeatedly, for example, as well as some pretty loose "arms" being used in tackles.
You just call it Fijian Flair and it’s OK

The Ghost of Raelene

Andrew Slack (58)
I still maintain he will be a late bloomer. Maybe even after RWC27, when he’ll still only be 26 mind you. He’s one of those players who will just grind away and slowly improve.
Think you might be right/hope you’re right. Bit of a Dave Dennis, Ben Mowen hopefully.

molman

Peter Johnson (47)
Annoying when the ref decides they'll call one type of infringement only. Tahs getting pinged (and fair enough, no issue) but many other infringements are just waved on - cleaning players flying off feet repeatedly, for example, as well as some pretty loose "arms" being used in tackles.
I feel like this happens all the time. Usually early in the season, but often there is something that's the flavour of the week. It's frustrating when the referees oscillates from the pedantic in one area in one game to a week or two later it feeling like they barely have an eye for it.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Had that been a kiwi team, BOK would have let that go
I don’t want to criticise since it was the right call, but as you say there’s no way he calls that live for a NZ team. It probably would be checked but he’d let it play out to a try for sure.