• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Hurricanes - Super Rugby 2012 Rd 15

Status
Not open for further replies.

Braveheart81

Will Genia (78)
Staff member
Waratahs: Bernard Foley, Tom Kingston, Rob Horne, Adam Ashley-Cooper, Drew Mitchell, Berrick Barnes, Sarel Pretorius, Wycliff Palu, Jono Jenkins, Dave Dennis, Kane Douglas, Sitaleki Timani, Sekope Kepu, Tatafu Polota-Nau, Benn Robinson (capt). Reserves: John Ulugia, Jeremy Tilse, Richard Stanford, Lopeti Timani, Brendan McKibbon, Daniel Halangahu, Tom Carter.

Not sure if Chris Alcock is injured or has been dropped.

Rocky apparently has nerve damage in his shoulder and might not even be right after the June tests. It would seem like it will be impossible for him to exercise his contract option to stay on another year.

emuarse

Desmond Connor (43)
On paper, this side is very powerful, but comes game day, they just are not bringing home the bacon. And I think this problem revolves around the No 10. Barnes can play good rugby but for me he's been responsible in this key position for the losing problems.
At this stage of the season it's time to experiment.
There needs to be some dramatic changes, and I'd like to have McKibbon play at No 10 outside of Pretorious. these two with Barnes at 12, which is where he is more suited, could really change the dynamics.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
Terrible idea, McKibbon isn't a 10, he isn't a complete 9 yet, we have signed him for two more years, play him at 9 and let him know it's where he is always gonna play.

If we're letting Barnes slip one out, then foley is ten, it's the only and right option.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
I think the Tahs will really get up for this one. We have a good side, especially in the backs, and really only Jenkins isn't first XV material.

I'd like to see them make better use of the consistently good forward platform and put the ball through the hands more. 11-15 are all attacking, dynamic players. Give them the bloody ball.

Richo

John Thornett (49)
Terrible idea, McKibbon isn't a 10, he isn't a complete 9 yet, we have signed him for two more years, play him at 9 and let him know it's where he is always gonna play.

If we're letting Barnes slip one out, then foley is ten, it's the only and right option.

My preferred arrangement. 10 Foley, 12 Barnes, 15 AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper).

RedsHappy

Tony Shaw (54)
Don't forget to fly Muggleton up for just one more night with the Tahs.

If the Tahs don't tighten their gradually withering defence standards, all the good forwards work in the world could be blown away, the 'Canes will smell the tissue paper.

Blue

Andrew Slack (58)
It's been a more worthwhile investment than the governments mass spending in Canberra to try to help its locals understand humor.

Sadly it has used that money to offset the Carbon tax. Oh sorry I meant to buy school books.

Bardon

Peter Fenwicke (45)
I've a feeling now that the Tahs season is over in terms of anything to play for that they'll pull a win out in this one and make the run in for those in contention for the top 6 even more exciting.

Badger

Bill McLean (32)
Since the season is a write off, the remaining games should be to experiment with new combinations etc...eg B Foley at 10.

What's happened to Greg Peterson? If he's fit, this would be an opportunity to give him some minutes off the bench at least.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
The Tahs are certainly going to have to tighten up there defense if there going to get the losers bonus point this week, hopefully a good crowd gets out there and we bring the boys home but not all the way.

waratahjesus

Greg Davis (50)
When WJ is hoping that the Tahs can tighten up their defence , to be a chance of the losers BP..........roll on 2013

I'm not an official stats man, but I would think we would have to be close to a losers bonus point record, can't make the finals but can still make an impact on history is my reasoning.

Status
Not open for further replies.