• Welcome to the Green and Gold Rugby forums. As you can see we've upgraded the forums to new software. Your old logon details should work, just click the 'Login' button in the top right.

Waratahs vs Reds - Round 1 - 2012R01

Status
Not open for further replies.

tigerland12

John Thornett (49)
With kick-off under a week away I thought it was time to have a proper match thread.

Given each sides current injuries, combined with the fact it's only the first round, I am expecting a pretty dour match that will be settled through goal kicking, but maybe that's the pessimist in me talking.

Injuries:

Queensland: Wallace-Harrison, McDuling, Humphries, Cooper, S.Fainga'a *, Higginbotham *, Davies*
*= Unsure on current injury status.

NSW: Vickerman, Elsom, Mitchell, Turner

Ruggo

Mark Ella (57)
This game will be a physical bugger for sure. Trying to figure out how it will pan out is like pissing into the wind.

I want to see the battle between Slipper and Robinson. We never got to see it last year but should be a beauty.

qwerty51

Stirling Mortlock (74)
Tahs XV is pretty obvious

1. Robinson
2. TPN
3. Kepu
4. Douglas
5. Mumm
6. Dennis
7. McCutcheon
8. Palu
9. Pretorius
10. Barnes
11. BKH
12. Carter
13. Horne
14. Kingston
15. AAC (Adam Ashley-Cooper)

Weakness on the wings there, would not be surprised if the Tahs back their pack and keep it tight like last time at Suncorp.

Bruwheresmycar

Nicholas Shehadie (39)
The battle between Genia and Pretorious will be interesting to watch. They both like to have a crack in attack and aren't shy of a bit of tactical kicking.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
QLD looking very thin at lock. Tahs might target the line-out, especially if Hanson is starting as he is a shaky thrower.

T

tranquility

Im assuming Radike will be the third lock? So maybe he will play from the bench? If that is the case and we play both Quirk and Shatz in the starting backrow - they are both good lineout options.

However all of this is hypothetical and irrelevant if AWH is fit to go.

Either way - I don't think our lineout will be a point of weakness, that is if Hanson can get is throwing right.

Bowside

Peter Johnson (47)
AWH had minor surgery he's out for 3-6 weeks. Very underrated player and was integral to the reds success last year.

All depends on chibba hanson consistently getting the ball to the back of the lineout, as many of the reds backline moves start with a long throw to the back so as to give the halves that extra bit of time and space to execute the play.

Schadenfreude

John Solomon (38)
I'm just going to put this out there. Samo (who I'm a massive fan of) needs to move his feet.

In his current tackle technique, he plants both feet, puts his head down so he can no longer see the player, and launches himself forward.

He's become very predictable, and good teams (like we saw in the world cup) can exploit it. Deans didn't correct it, but I'm hoping Link does.

That said, maybe he was just buggered by the end of the season...

Ignoto

John Thornett (49)
Home crowd factor to bring tahs by 5 or so. going to be a thriller.

Coming from the same crowd that boo'ed them last year?

Tahs will grind out win like they have in the past couple of years so I imagine they'll bet us by 1-3.

fatprop

George Gregan (70)
Staff member
Coming from the same crowd that boo'ed them last year?

Tahs will grind out win like they have in the past couple of years so I imagine they'll bet us by 1-3.

If they "grind out" a win like last year at home (30–6), I will be very happy

Status
Not open for further replies.